L2 Ead

Old Dec 31st 2002, 12:15 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L2 Ead

Is it possible to file for an L2 EAD whilst still in the UK. We would like to have one in place for my spouse before we actually move over in April. Our L1 & L2's were issued in November.
Old Dec 31st 2002, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think, that this is possible. You must physically be in the US. One reason is, that you must have L2 status (which is different from L2 Visa!), to get EAD, and you will have status as soon as you come to the US.

someone please correct me, if this is not true.
Old Jan 1st 2003, 8:39 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are right Ivonne. I think it is the white card (is it an I94?) which is put into your passport on entry that gives you your L2 status and which is required, with other things, when applying for your EAD.