Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

L2 Based EAD

L2 Based EAD

Old Jan 19th 2003, 1:07 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 5
manofmystery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L2 Based EAD


I have an L1-A visa and working in the USA. My wife has an L2 Visa and wishes to work. I have been told that my wife can apply for an EAD but it takes about 90 days to get approval from the INS. Here are my questions.

1. How does she apply for EAD from the INS?
2. Does she have to remain in the US whilst the application is processed.
3. Is there anything else we need to avoid doing?

Thanks for your help.

manofmystery is offline  
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 6:25 am
Just Joined
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 6
leej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L2 Based EAD


I am an Immigration Attorney.

Your wife can apply for an EAD by filing an I-765 with the INS Service Center having jurisdiction of your place of residence. Yous hould include a copy of your I-94 card and your L-1A approval notice. State on the I-765 that she is the spouse of an L-1A as the basis for eligibility

There are no travel restrictions while the application is pending. The thing to avoid doing is not have her start working before the EAD is issued and in her hands.

If you would like assistance please feel free to contact me.
leej is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.