L1-a Visa

Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1-a Visa

Originally Posted by Ray
A ..... 6 months maybe if you can get a B-2 visa ..but unlikely

B.. NO...
A is unlikely because US Immigration will assume B.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's a whole article here on the site that explains the ways into the US in a nutshell...there's also a marriage and visa immigration forums, which will be much better suited to answering your questions.

but it does look like, with what you ahve said so far, that marriage is your best bet, either that, or go study in the US.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Paul250268 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
There's a whole article here on the site that explains the ways into the US in a nutshell...there's also a marriage and visa immigration forums, which will be much better suited to answering your questions.

but it does look like, with what you ahve said so far, that marriage is your best bet, either that, or go study in the US.

O.K.

How's this for an idea.

Apply for a B2 visitor visa.

Carry out "research" making business contacts etc.

What is the definition of employment? If it means carrying out research and going to meetings for "free" I could do that.

Or could my U.K. company invoice the U.S. company for consultancy fees?

Paul
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paul250268
O.K.

How's this for an idea.

What is the definition of employment? If it means carrying out research and going to meetings for "free" I could do that.

Paul
I suggest you speak to your attorney and ask her these kind of questions. I wouldn't completely rule out the L1-A, especially as you'll have proof that you've been dealing with the US for the last 2 years, but be VERY careful choosing an attorney, as I've had my own attorney on the line countless times over the years, on speakerphone with prospective clients of my nationality, who have been taken for up to $12K by immigration sharks before and are being careful. It is not uncommon.

California is probably the hardest place to file L1-A's at, and Texas the easiest from what I've seen - but don't take my word for it, it all depends on the officer who gets your package.

It is a witch to move to the US legally, and you have to go through endless hoops with the INS. If it wasn't, many more legally minded folk would do it.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

O.K.

How's this for an idea.

Paul
I am sure the Consulate have heard variants on this and many similar schemes.

How are you going to justify funding yourself

How are you going to justify the more than 3 months available to you on the VWP.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's not easy getting a B2 visa for a UKC, basically because you can use a VWP for 90 days, only need a B2 if you have a criminal record or any other problem that prevents you using a VWP etc...you might want to look at B1 business visitor type jobby, but again, could get away with using VWP, so also not easy to get....