Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

L D Jones: re POE after DCF

L D Jones: re POE after DCF

Old Sep 1st 2002, 10:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default L D Jones: re POE after DCF

Subject: Re: Dulles Airport - I-551
Date: 2002-08-21 09:06:32 PST
meauxna wrote:
> OK, I have one of those questions that I can't be bothered to look up....which line does the immigrant >spouse use upon first arrival to the US with the MBE in order to receive the I-551? And can the USC >spouse go through to secondary with them?

MBE?

I asked when we arrived at Newark airport via DCF in London, UK in March 2002 and was told my wife could go to the 'US citizens and permanent residents' line (though I got the impression the person I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. I guess all he heard was the word "visa" but I cannot remember exactly what I asked him).

We both went to secondary inspection too and no one said a word. I simply waited in the room with her and her passport was stamped and her fingerprint taken a few minutes after we arrived in the room. We were lucky in that we landed at about 3 in the afternoon and the immigration areas were not crowded. There were about 4 other people in secondary
inspection (and they had chairs to hold at least 25). One officer was asking a person why he stayed 2 days over the allowed WVP 90 day limit the last time the person had entered the US (the conversation was so loud it was easy to overhear).

We had a connecting flight and made it with plenty of time.

LD
----------------------

LD,
Mea culpa, I forgot to thank you for this information. I appreciate your insights as an experienced DCFer!
Thanks again for your time.
mo

PS: MBE=Mysterious Brown Envelope which contains all the paperwork submitted to obtain the visa.

We're not sure which POE we'll enter through (heck, we don't have the magic OK yet) but medical is this Fri the 6th and interview on Sept 10.
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 4:50 pm
L D Jones

Default Re: L D Jones: re POE after DCF

meauxna wrote:
[ arrival at POE after DCF ]

> LD, Mea culpa, I forgot to thank you for this information. I appreciate your
    > insights as an experienced DCFer! Thanks again for your time.

You're welcome. Your DCF experience was much more "interesting" than mine.

> mo
    > PS: MBE=Mysterious Brown Envelope which contains all the paperwork submitted to
    > obtain the visa.

I should have guessed. Since I could tell what was in the envelope when I examined it
there was no mystery to me which is why I didn't get the acronym. :-)

> We're not sure which POE we'll enter through (heck, we don't have the magic OK yet)
    > but medical is this Fri the 6th and interview on Sept 10.

Good luck

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi,
See my POE at Dulles above,
good luck.
Roger
Old Sep 4th 2002, 6:47 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:
Hi,
See my POE at Dulles above,
good luck.
Roger
See my reply to your POE at Dulles above,
thanks
Old Sep 4th 2002, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by meauxna:

See my reply to your POE at Dulles above,
thanks

meauxna,
See my reply to your reply to my post !