L-1 to H-4

Old Jan 14th 2002, 8:48 pm
  #1  
Julie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I ceased work in early October to take up my new position of full-time mom. My husband is here in the US on an H-1B until 2002 and I understand I should have requested a 'Change of Status' from the INS converting my L1 to H4 prior to leaving work.

So, here we are 3 months later....because of my delay in submitting the necessary paperwork am I now going to be forced to leave the US in order to obtain H4? (My lawyer seems to think so and is trying to persuade me to go out.) For obvious reasons I'd rather stay and collect in-country if I can but is it possible that the INS will deny my application and if this is the case will this look bad if we decide to pursue green card status which is our intent?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this matter.


 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.