Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kylie's No Hit in the US?

Kylie's No Hit in the US?

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:02 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kylie's No Hit in the US?

Would someone like to explain why the Kylie (Minogue) phenomenon has not affected the US?

Is it 'cos she's got an Australian accent? She's short?

I expect the male members (no pun intended) could probably elaborate.

I'm no fan but the music scene in the UK seems more diverse and vibrant than in the US (judging by what's on TV and what's played on the radio this side of the pond).

NC Penguin
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:06 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

I think it simply comes to marketing.

If I was in charge I would have her album cover showing her ass and all the posters in the street would be the same.

The album would be named "enter".

You think that would do it?
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:47 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Don't know.

She did get quite a bit of media attention last year (Summertime) in the NYC metro area; she was on MTV at their Jersey Shore beach show and was signing her (then) new CD at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square.

Unfortunately the major New York radio stations (Zee 100 fm and PLJ) rarely played her music...all they seem to do is play the same songs every hour of the day, a playlist of about 6 or 7 records an hour which is all they have time for when you include all the time devoted to the constant advertising and drivel from the DJs. It seems that 'Clearchannel' have some sort of monopoly on what is played on radio stations throughout the US

Give me Smashie and Nicie anytime!

PS: No-one even has a clue who Robbie Williams is this side of the pond!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kylie's No Hit in the US?

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Would someone like to explain why the Kylie (Minogue) phenomenon has not affected the US?

Is it 'cos she's got an Australian accent? She's short?

I expect the male members (no pun intended) could probably elaborate.

I'm no fan but the music scene in the UK seems more diverse and vibrant than in the US (judging by what's on TV and what's played on the radio this side of the pond).

NC Penguin
Lack Talent! period!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:02 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by veryfunny
Lack Talent! period!

That hasn't stopped Britney Spears!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
That hasn't stopped Britney Spears!
Come on, Britney has brighter white teeth.
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 8:25 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Clearchannel are the reason.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:45 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Who needs talent when you look as delicious as she does?
Old Sep 24th 2003, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

superpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to allsuperpat is a name known to all

[In Homer Simpson voice...]

Mmmm... Kylie. Sweet, sweet Kylie...

Pat
Old Sep 24th 2003, 5:42 am
Up Yir Kilt

droool droool, aghhhhh
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by scotch03
Who needs talent when you look as delicious as she does?
Thank the lord for different taste in women, Kyle hot! sorry I do not agree and yes I am straight.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to the Disney Kid awards on saturday at The Royal Albert hall and I saw Danni Minogue.. I must say that I think she is a lovely looking girl.. If I had to choose I would choose her as My fav singer over Kylie..

As for music in the UK , I believe the uk has much more diversity than the US and far more originals when it comes to talent...It seems to me the real Mcoy is here in the uk and the Us have a poor 2nd. I could name many original talents such as my very own fav. David Bowie... I think it is that eccentricity of the English that helps...

What do ya reckon peeps

BooBoo
Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by booboo
I went to the Disney Kid awards on saturday at The Royal Albert hall and I saw Danni Minogue.. I must say that I think she is a lovely looking girl.. If I had to choose I would choose her as My fav singer over Kylie..

As for music in the UK , I believe the uk has much more diversity than the US and far more originals when it comes to talent...It seems to me the real Mcoy is here in the uk and the Us have a poor 2nd. I could name many original talents such as my very own fav. David Bowie... I think it is that eccentricity of the English that helps...

What do ya reckon peeps

BooBoo
I think both countries have a lot of diversity when you talk about music, just need to look at the non commerical radios or music stores and the music is there.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 5:39 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by booboo
I used to think she was pretty hot, she kinda turned a bit skanky...oh and there's her racist outbursts last year.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Who needs a skinny convict when u got real women in the world ? Prefer a woman who will not looklike she will snap in half if u give her a hug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.