Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Krispy Kreme Donuts

Krispy Kreme Donuts

Old Aug 16th 2003, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Krispy Kreme Donuts

Ok who wants to fess up and admit they have taken up the American habit of eating donuts??

Today, after hearing about them endlessly for the past 4 years, I had my first Krispy Kreme donut. I am not a donut lover, they don't do much for me, but will admit I liked the thing.
Old Aug 16th 2003, 10:54 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Quite bizarrely I used to like the Strawberry jam filled doughnuts with sugar on the outside that Sainsbury sell.
Can't find strawberry dougnuts the made the same here.

But I have to admit - we do grab a box every week from Walmart.

Incedently - my wife has just told me that Krispy Kreme have just opened up in Harrods
Old Aug 17th 2003, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the Dunkin Donuts French Creuller (I wish they'd name it the Freedom Creuller). I think its the extra trans-fatty acids that the put in it that make it so tasty. Krispy Kreme taste a little chemically to me, I dont know why.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 1:52 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Krispy Kremes are Ok but I like the local supermarket (Publix) own brand donuts

mmmmmm donuts
Attached Thumbnails Krispy Kreme Donuts-red3.gif  
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Publix own make for me or Dunkin Donuts- I'm not keen on Krispy Kremes.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:03 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

what is it with Krispy Kremes and the yanks?

I was driving from Texas to Florida 2 years ago, I had the wife, 2 kids and my mother-in-law that was snoozing away, she had slept like 9 hours straight, when all of a sudden she screamed
"KRISPY KREEEEEEME". We was in Mobile Alabama and they were selling them in a gas station, so I had too do a U-ey and go and get some.

The most disturbing thing was she had not uttered a word for 9 hours, but some how knew that we had driven past some Krispy Kremes and acted like it was the last one ever made in the U.S ???.......bloody nutter or what?
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

I have never tried a Krispy Kreme but I have tried Dunkin Donuts and some of them are yum.

On a recent trip to the States I brought many American snacks back for Hubby to try out and included in this was a box of twinkies. TWINKIES BLEEEEEEEEEEEURGHHHHHHHH! What IS that stuff inthe middle????
I was told a story by my 16 year old niece that an experiment had been done at her school where a twinkie had been shoved on the end of a garden cane and left out in all weather to see how it was affected.
3 months later it hadn't changed!!!
What is this crap??? The box looks so innocent!!!
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:32 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Never tried a Krispy Kreme, something about in the overkill that just puts me right off. Anyway are they really creamy?

I still prefer the homegrown doughnuts, Sainsbury's made them well, and they didn't have that deep fried taste that keeps repeating on you all day!

I still struggle with the American penchant for sweet sticky things for breakfast, waffles, pancakes, doughnuts. Bad enough but then you throw in the links, bacon, 6 eggs, and oh my, we're talking serious Rennie time.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:32 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Krispy Kreme Donuts

Originally posted by Vicky88
Ok who wants to fess up and admit they have taken up the American habit of eating donuts??

Today, after hearing about them endlessly for the past 4 years, I had my first Krispy Kreme donut. I am not a donut lover, they don't do much for me, but will admit I liked the thing.
I like the odd doughnut from time to time but I've found American ones to be too sweet. Hence, I don't eat them very often and I miss the custard filled ones that can be found in the UK.

The American equivalent is just bleee!

I'm just waiting for some American doughnut manufacturer to come out with a savory doughnut filled with cheese or barbecue or something like that...

NC Penguin
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:42 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Krispy Kreme Donuts

what do you mean taken to? i am already in that habit before i even get there! besides i once saw a shop called 'Duncan Doughnuts' in Texas (not Dunkin) so the fates have predestined it i think. YUM YUM.

regards,

Duncan
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't tried a Krispy Kreme you should. I resisted for all these years because of the hype but have to say I rate them above the normal donut. I have never really been a donut person so never had them in the UK, my poison of choice was Chocolate Eclairs from M&S.

As for Twinkies, I had one when I first came to America. I remember as a kid seeing them advertised in all the comic books so figured they had to be fantastic. Not sure what the filling is meant to be but can you say artificial, not surprised it did not decompose in 3 months exposed to any conditions.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:46 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

give me a packet of Rowntrees Fruit Gums over any US confectionary any day....I miss them dearly, though must admit my molars have never been happier!
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:29 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't tried a Krispy Kreme you should. I resisted for all these years because of the hype but have to say I rate them above the normal donut. I have never really been a donut person so never had them in the UK, my poison of choice was Chocolate Eclairs from M&S.

As for Twinkies, I had one when I first came to America. I remember as a kid seeing them advertised in all the comic books so figured they had to be fantastic. Not sure what the filling is meant to be but can you say artificial, not surprised it did not decompose in 3 months exposed to any conditions.
WOW! Yes, M&S Chocalate Eclairs are THE BEST!
I used to eat a whole box of 5 mini eclairs all by myself, I couldn't resist.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

I used to buy the 2 pack of the chocolate eclairs. AFter the first I would be feelign a bit sick and stuffed to the gills, but I would always force down the second so my husband wouldn't know I had the first. Yum, yum.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 7:31 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I used to buy the 2 pack of the chocolate eclairs. AFter the first I would be feelign a bit sick and stuffed to the gills, but I would always force down the second so my husband wouldn't know I had the first. Yum, yum.
Whilst we are on the M&S subject, my mum and brother are
coming over for the birthday in 3 weeks, I have just emailed my list, and on there was a packet of Marks and sparks mini sausage rolls with prawn cocktail crisps........lush!

I don't think the chocolate eclairs will make it and I just hope they can get by customs with the rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.