Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Knock Knock, can i come in :)

Knock Knock, can i come in :)

Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:22 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold
Default Knock Knock, can i come in :)

Howdy folks, im a current Dingo person (ok dont shoot me) but my partner Jim has just been offered a new job and a move to Dallas Tx with NWA, we are still contemplating what to do as i would need to give up my job with the airline i work for and have done for 12 years. It will be a probable yes as im hoping i can get a job with them too so i may be 'migrating' over from the Dingo forum to your Trailer Park

Anyway is there anyone from Dallas able to give a quick sum up of living there or should i stop being lazy and just do a search on the forum
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:25 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Knock Knock, can i come in :)

Originally Posted by rebabaros
Howdy folks, im a current Dingo person (ok dont shoot me) but my partner Jim has just been offered a new job and a move to Dallas Tx with NWA, we are still contemplating what to do as i would need to give up my job with the airline i work for and have done for 12 years. It will be a probable yes as im hoping i can get a job with them too so i may be 'migrating' over from the Dingo forum to your Trailer Park

Anyway is there anyone from Dallas able to give a quick sum up of living there or should i stop being lazy and just do a search on the forum
Well, there's these guys:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...73#post4596273

And Leslie is from Texas...
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

spouse getting the L1 then? that's cool, get them to pay for your EAD, so you can work too, those have to be renewed annually usually.

As for texas, there's quite a few on here from there, have a look at the frapr map that's sticked up top, or it might be in the USA part rather than the trailer park
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:11 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

He's being relocated by N****z With Attitude? I thought they stopped recording after the uproar over F**k Tha Police!

Anyway, we're here in Dallas (well actually the suburban hell that is Plano) so fire away with any questions you may have!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbj1000
He's being relocated by N****z With Attitude? I thought they stopped recording after the uproar over F**k Tha Police!
I did a double take on that too!

Are you still doing your radio?

Welcome rebabaros
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:47 am
A mile High

rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

Anyway, we're here in Dallas (well actually the suburban hell that is Plano) so fire away with any questions you may have!
PMSL sorry, i will elaborate.. North West Airlines
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:47 am
A mile High

Originally Posted by Sally
I did a double take on that too!

Are you still doing your radio?

Welcome rebabaros
thanks Sally
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:54 am
A mile High

Originally Posted by Bob
spouse getting the L1 then? that's cool, get them to pay for your EAD, so you can work too, those have to be renewed annually usually.

As for texas, there's quite a few on here from there, have a look at the frapr map that's sticked up top, or it might be in the USA part rather than the trailer park
to be honest Bob ive no idea how the whole visa thing works for USA, partner is a pilot and has been offered a 2 yr contract with NorthWest including relocating costs, mortgage subsidy etc etc, all i have to provide is my passport, some other id and a police check, and sign the odd form, so pretty clueless as to what happens. good thing about this move if we take it is wouldnt be away for as long a period in one go as he is at the moment, and im on the long haul flights at the moment too so we never see each other, whereas if he takes this move we would see more of each other so it could be a good move for us, but never having been to Dallas...... only every worked from Los Angeles and a short stint over in New York so could be interresting.

Reba
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:14 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

partner
I hope that's partner as in married. You know as in one man and one woman. Not that I care....but for US immigration it makes a big difference.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I hope that's partner as in married. You know as in one man and one woman. Not that I care....but for US immigration it makes a big difference.
aye, big difference in being allowed to come over v allowed to come over and work.

As for visa, it has to be an L1 because the H1B is gone for the year.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest Bob ive no idea how the whole visa thing works for USA, partner is a pilot and has been offered a 2 yr contract with NorthWest including relocating costs, mortgage subsidy etc etc, all i have to provide is my passport, some other id and a police check, and sign the odd form, so pretty clueless as to what happens. good thing about this move if we take it is wouldnt be away for as long a period in one go as he is at the moment, and im on the long haul flights at the moment too so we never see each other, whereas if he takes this move we would see more of each other so it could be a good move for us, but never having been to Dallas...... only every worked from Los Angeles and a short stint over in New York so could be interresting.

Reba
Hi Rebabaros, welcome to BE.
We're in Keller and have been for ten months now after having moved from Scotland. Obviously it's a different way of life all together, different cultures and different attitudes. I think if it's only going to be for two years then go. We moved at the same time as a family from my OH's company and they are here for two years and they are talking about not going back as they love it so much out here.
One of my best friends here used to be a pilot for AA and her hubby still is. They have three kids and he's only home about six days a month so know where you're coming from re getting to spend more time with hubby.
Nothing ventured nothing gained! Just my two cents worth.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

englishinusa is an unknown quantity at this point

When I filled in this quiz ... http://www.findyourspot.com/ ... Plano came out as one of my top places. I am looking at Plano out of my office window right now .... mmmmm.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinusa
When I filled in this quiz ... http://www.findyourspot.com/ ... Plano came out as one of my top places. I am looking at Plano out of my office window right now .... mmmmm.
Cool quiz. It mostly sends me to North Carolina, which might be nice.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Niggaz with Attitude? I didn't know they were still recording!

Oh. Someone got there before me.

Last edited by Celsius; Apr 12th 2007 at 5:32 pm. Reason: Respect to djb1000
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:32 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

NWA - ahh happy daze. what an album!!! Shortly after hip hop was almost totally co-opted by the establishment and lost any power or creativity it ever had. Oh well. (sigh)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.