Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A knock at the door

Wikiposts

A knock at the door

Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A knock at the door

Originally Posted by Pony
Glad your OK JG. I thought you had a dog? I hate my dogs when they demand walking, lay 'dog logs' in the back garden, sneak on the bed at 4 a.m., cover my truck in dog hairs, pee on hay bales at the barn, and the one that makes stinkies after she eats rawhides; but they help keep the undesirables away.
We do but they are only small dogs...I did say maybe we should get another doberman.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
A few nights ago around 10.30 pm someone knocked at our door...we could see it was quite a large guy with long hair. There was no car to be seen so we didn't answer the door...instead my husband called the local police. They picked the guy up shortly afterwards in the woods nearby. He was a druggie who had escaped earlier that day and the police had been searching for him. There are only 3 houses on our road and it's quite rural...not the sort of place you would normally find people walking around. He is now back behind bars. Makes one wonder what could have happened if we'd opened the door.
You and the old man could've bought an 1/8th.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:10 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know...the police have been a little cagey about the whole thing.

Apart from nearly getting involved in cop shoot out about 9 yrs ago...it's the first time we've encountered anything like this.
you've had a few incidents lately what with the sign and the jogger pooing in your yard and now this......not good and you tell me you feel safer where you live now than where you lived in the uk

i'm just glad your OH was home and that you had the sense to call the cops!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
you've had a few incidents lately what with the sign and the jogger pooing in your yard and now this......not good and you tell me you feel safer where you live now than where you lived in the uk

i'm just glad your OH was home and that you had the sense to call the cops!
The sign and the pooer (I may have just thought up a new word...very American ) were nothing really. I wished we'd got a photo of her though and the sign was removed by the council Tuesday morning. Yes I still feel safer here than I did in the UK.

I didn't have the sense...he did.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:56 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

A few nights ago around 10.30 pm someone knocked at our door...we could see it was quite a large guy with long hair. There was no car to be seen so we didn't answer the door...instead my husband called the local police. They picked the guy up shortly afterwards in the woods nearby. He was a druggie who had escaped earlier that day and the police had been searching for him. There are only 3 houses on our road and it's quite rural...not the sort of place you would normally find people walking around. He is now back behind bars. Makes one wonder what could have happened if we'd opened the door.
Glad you are OK.
We live in a neighbourhood with lots of trees and large gardens, very quiet, very self contained. No reason to drive through it if you don't live on it.
It seems very safe and no-one locks their doors (house or car).
Sometimes I wonder if it has lulled us all into a false sense of security.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:02 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I would have killed him with my bare hands I tell ya!! :curse:
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:10 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I would have killed him with my bare hands I tell ya!! :curse:
Eventually
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:39 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

How awful JG! I'm so sorry this happened. Good idea of your hubby's to call the fuzz, and so relieved they tracked down the chap quickly.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:44 am
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light

Glad you had the good sense to call the cops. We're staying with some "natives" for a few days and I know they never answer the door. If the Americans don't, then you can be sure I'll follow suit!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:47 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I6t sounds like a rare thing where you are so don't let it bother you too much.. Glad to hear that you are ok..
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:07 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: A knock at the door

Glad you had the sense not to answer the door and call the police. Keep Safe, lots of crazies around!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:58 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

We do but they are only small dogs...I did say maybe we should get another doberman.
http://www.glock.com/english/glock19.htm

much cheaper

I never go to the door after dark, let alone open it without the item in the link above

Ray will vouch for its suitability for the purpose.

You can get a 33 round mag for it. If that can't save you then you probably deserve whats coming
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:10 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

much cheaper

I never go to the door after dark, let alone open it without the item in the link above

You can get a 33 round mag for it. If that can't save you then you probably deserve whats coming
Lose the g and just use the lock
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:50 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Lose the g and just use the lock
sorry to burst your bubble but a sledgehammer to the lock will quickly open most doors/frames in 95% of american homes

sledgehammer vs glock however is a very different scenario

don't bring a sledgehammer to a gunfight (paraphrased i know...)
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:09 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

much cheaper

Plastic firearm. Pfff....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.