KLM report

Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default KLM report

came to UK yesterday with them - never flown with them before and so far so good!!
Planes left on time - big 747 so lots of room. Food in economy () was really nice with hot rolls!
And an icecream and they brought orange/water etc round!! Very efficient i thought
Transfer to Teesside was a bit late but no bother really so if anyone fancies a trip oop north its probably the way to go!

1st time also for a transfer in Amsterdam airport - bit like heathrow in a way with lots of shops etc but $6 for a coffee in a paper cup - i didnt have any euros!!
Lets hope the return is just as good!!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KLM report

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
came to UK yesterday with them - never flown with them before and so far so good!!
Planes left on time - big 747 so lots of room. Food in economy () was really nice with hot rolls!
And an icecream and they brought orange/water etc round!! Very efficient i thought
Transfer to Teesside was a bit late but no bother really so if anyone fancies a trip oop north its probably the way to go!

1st time also for a transfer in Amsterdam airport - bit like heathrow in a way with lots of shops etc but $6 for a coffee in a paper cup - i didnt have any euros!!

We used to travel on KLM and I loved the stop-over at Schipol. The Houston-Amsterdam-London/Stanstead route meant a 6 hour layover and Schipol is a great airport for that amount of time.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

If you book on KLM from Seattle to Leeds (for example) the carrier you fly is Northwest Airlines. Not a great replacement....
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:53 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get too use to it, they are talking about cancelling it as Teesside is loosing so much money. They have already cut down the number of flights. That's why there is now 4 hours in Amsterdam. We chose Newcastle instead as it was cheaper and a shorter turnaround. The difference more than paid for a taxi.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
If you book on KLM from Seattle to Leeds (for example) the carrier you fly is Northwest Airlines. Not a great replacement....
Northwest is now Delta.

Jim.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Home in the UK is in Lincolnshire so I always use KLM from Houston to Humberside via Amsterdam. I think it is the only way to go. It is a bit more expensive but well worth it to miss Heathrow or Gatwick and all the hassle of getting trains north. KLM is not as good as it used to be but still OK.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:58 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Love Schipol and KLM my pref fav for sure....Schipol always reminds me of a kinda space age sorta place, they decorate it amazingly well at Christmas exceeds many other airports I have seen around the world.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Northwest is now Delta.

Jim.
Even worse....
Old Sep 9th 2011, 3:42 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mind a connecting flight if it's quite a bit cheaper than direct, but I like to be at least setting off in the right direction (like via Ireland or Iceland). Going further east only to then double back on yourself just seems such a lot of hassle.

Tip for connecting flights - it's where most cases of lost luggage occur. Bags don't make the connection. My friend lost her case flying KLM to Boston and it didn't turn up until she and her DH had been back home a month! AND she's one of those 'must pack everything but the kitchen sink' women. So she 'lost' practically her entire wardrobe and all her make-up, which she had to buy in America.

I always take just carry-on luggage anyway, I plan what I'll wear every day. Can't understand why some must take so much when they'll never wear it all. I must be weird for a woman.

Agreed Schipol is a nice airport though, been there many times.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
Don't get too use to it, they are talking about cancelling it as Teesside is loosing so much money. They have already cut down the number of flights. That's why there is now 4 hours in Amsterdam. We chose Newcastle instead as it was cheaper and a shorter turnaround. The difference more than paid for a taxi.
thanks - I will look into this for next time. Did you get a taxi from Newcastle airport to Middlesbro?
It was quite sad in a way landing at teesside as the airport was so empty (even my plane was not full)
Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say, have a nice trip to the UK and safe journey back
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brat1
Just wanted to say, have a nice trip to the UK and safe journey back
Thank you!!! How are you feeling now? Hope you are ok..
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:57 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

thanks - I will look into this for next time. Did you get a taxi from Newcastle airport to Middlesbro?
It was quite sad in a way landing at teesside as the airport was so empty (even my plane was not full)
Well, Stockton but same difference. We pre-booked one. About 70 quid with tip but still cheaper. Mr Weeze has never arrived at Teesside with his luggage! Last time he really went off on one as all in all, with stop overs, late change fees etc his work paid $9,000 for his flights and they still lost his baggage. He said for that amount they should have been brought to him by a butler!
Old Sep 9th 2011, 2:18 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Even worse....
Agreed. Flew back from Gatwick to Atlanta the other week and the TV's were on the ceiling in the aisle - can't remember the last plane that I flew that had such an old entertainment system (early 90's maybe?).
Old Sep 9th 2011, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Squirrel
I don't mind a connecting flight if it's quite a bit cheaper than direct, but I like to be at least setting off in the right direction (like via Ireland or Iceland). Going further east only to then double back on yourself just seems such a lot of hassle.

Tip for connecting flights - it's where most cases of lost luggage occur. Bags don't make the connection. My friend lost her case flying KLM to Boston and it didn't turn up until she and her DH had been back home a month! AND she's one of those 'must pack everything but the kitchen sink' women. So she 'lost' practically her entire wardrobe and all her make-up, which she had to buy in America.

I always take just carry-on luggage anyway, I plan what I'll wear every day. Can't understand why some must take so much when they'll never wear it all. I must be weird for a woman.

Agreed Schipol is a nice airport though, been there many times.
I agree about the chance of lost luggage and the fact that it seems strange to double back, BUT, I go to very rural Lincs and to get there from Heathrow or Gatwick involves... Train, taxi, train, train, Taxi. It takes hours, is expensive and all the while lugging your case around. Plus, on the return trip I would have to leave the day before and spend the night at a hotel to be able to get the morning flight. Once I get to Humberside on KLM I just get one taxi and I have just picked up my luggage that I haven't seen since Houston. It really is the most stress free, easy way to go when you don't live close to a major airport and changing planes in Amsterdam is really quite pleasant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.