Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

King Tut exhibit

Wikiposts

King Tut exhibit

Old Jan 6th 2005, 4:22 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default King Tut exhibit

For everyone who complains that there is not enough culture in the US just thought I would let you know that there will be a King Tutankhamun in Los Angeles starting in June 2005 ( the exhibit will move to Fort Lauderdale: December 2005 & Chicago: May 2006.
This is the first time in 26 years to see these artifacts and tickets go on sale in March for Los Angeles;

http://www.lacma.org/

Click on 'exhibitions' on the left, then click on 'Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs'
Hopefully I have posted this in the correct forum? and can be moved if not.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: King Tut exhibit

Originally Posted by tomelina
For everyone who complains that there is not enough culture in the US just thought I would let you know that there will be a King Tutankhamun in Los Angeles starting in June 2005 ( the exhibit will move to Fort Lauderdale: December 2005 & Chicago: May 2006.
This is the first time in 26 years to see these artifacts and tickets go on sale in March for Los Angeles;

Click on 'exhibitions' on the left, then click on 'Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs'
Are you taking your mummy with you when you go ?
Old Jan 6th 2005, 8:14 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Are you taking your mummy with you when you go ?
No she is too wrapped up in herself, I thought I would go by myself and unwind............................................ .......................
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:03 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of Tut, wasn't he just CT-scanned recently? They wanted to find some clues to the true nature of his death. All I have to say is....eeyuck.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jcapulet
Speaking of Tut, wasn't he just CT-scanned recently? They wanted to find some clues to the true nature of his death. All I have to say is....eeyuck.
Here is a news article from that world famous source of Egyptological studies.... the Kansas City Star of all places;

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...0573359.htm?1c

I also read somewhere he had some sort of spinal disease??
Old Jan 7th 2005, 5:51 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a news article from that world famous source of Egyptological studies.... the Kansas City Star of all places;

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...0573359.htm?1c

I also read somewhere he had some sort of spinal disease??
That's interesting, I didn't know he had a spinal disease. Lots of mysteries about him, I wonder what they'll discover in the CT scans. On CNN.com I saw a picture of the mummy...pretty icky! :scared:
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:45 am
Banned

Syllk, Woodsey, Eskimo and anyone else in the LA area.
Just a reminder that tickets go on sale for this today. Should be a good one as this is the first time in 26 years to see these artifacts.
Lion in Winter might be interested too when it comes to Chicago?After all we are extremely highbrow and cultured on this site..........
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Just a reminder that tickets go on sale for this today. Should be a good one as this is the first time in 26 years to see these artifacts.
Lion in Winter might be interested too when it comes to Chicago?After all we are extremely highbrow and cultured on this site..........

Thanks, its looks really good and I for one would love to go.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

will there be beer and hotdogs ?
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Eskimo
will there be beer and hotdogs ?
Don't be so common............. it's obvious to anyone that this is a lamb donner kebab event!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:50 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be so common............. it's obvious to anyone that this is a lamb donner kebab event!
If there is chilli sauce and salad with that kebab, I'm there.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by woodsey
Thanks, its looks really good and I for one would love to go.
We've already booked, maybe you could try and get tickets around the same time and meet up ? Sunday June 19 @ 12:00.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

We've already booked, maybe you could try and get tickets around the same time and meet up ? Sunday June 19 @ 12:00.

my parents will be here then but I am going to check with them as they might want to go
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rincewind
If there is chilli sauce and salad with that kebab, I'm there.
You can have anything you want on your virtual kebab........ and never gain weight or get food poisoning.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by woodsey
my parents will be here then but I am going to check with them as they might want to go

That'll be nice.
There's a really nice Marie Callenders near LACMA too, full bar and decent food...... okay I'm done with Tom's top tips for the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.