View Poll Results: Do you plan to see this latest Peter Jackson extravaganza
Hell yeah I'm gonna see it, can't wait!!!!
43.75%
I definately plan to see this film, I love Peter Jackson!
0%
Don't much like Jackson, but the reviews seem positive so I'll give it a go.
6.25%
Peter who? Probably won't see it.
12.50%
What!!! That wanker Peter Jackson is at it again!! Bleedin' count me out!!!!
37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

King Kong

Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:43 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future
Default Re: King Kong

I usually rent, but will probably traipse out to the pictures on this one just to see the special effects.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like a load of bollocks to me... monkey takes trip to nyc.... monkey fancy's bird.... monkey climbs a building.. la la la, sounds like an episode of howard stern. Would rather watch A Christmas Story or LOTR all over again!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:06 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Capote looks good and I love what's his name Philip seymour Hoffman.
I know but I have to drive to that. I might go to Brokeback Mountain but I'm not sure how big the screens are, has to be a big screen if I'm going to actually go to the movies.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I know but I have to drive to that. I might go to Brokeback Mountain but I'm not sure how big the screens are, has to be a big screen if I'm going to actually go to the movies.
A very American mentality.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:57 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
A very American mentality.
Damn right, if I pay $10 I want as big a screen as possible especially if the cinematography is aesthetically important. I also want THX or Dolby sound otherwise I may as well just stick a DVD on at home.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:09 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

spoiler...........

I was very touched by the ending, but the bit I think that really got me, was when they were fleeing on the boats, and they are trying to knock him unconscious with the chemicals.......and he is desperately trying to get to Naomi Watts, and as he is going under he holds out his hand to her, just like he did earlier when they were looking at the beautiful scenery.........and shes looking at him and she is so torn..........maaan I found that very moving..........

brill film, can not wait for the dvd
Old Dec 17th 2005, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

OK,there was no need for the bugs!

Other than that I guess it was OK, the 3 hours did wizz by, but it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 4:13 pm
Banned

Good for the kids, obviously follows the same storyline as the 1933 King Kong so no surprises if you have seen the original. Jack Black still sucks and was weirdly whimsical, the talentless chubby little git. The movie relies heavily on special effects so the characters were very shallow, some of the acting was silly, supporting characters came in and just faded away to suit the poor script, but the real star is Kong.
1930's Manhattan was quite beautifully recreated in realistic detail and Skull Island with the natives was pretty scary.
Kids will be awestruck by the creatures, special effects and various battles
Old Dec 17th 2005, 4:15 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Went to see the Family Stone instead, no CGI apes or Lions but it was very funny and made me cry!
Old Dec 17th 2005, 4:34 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
i saw it tonight with the Mrs and thought it was great - the 3 hours whizzed by to me
3 hours?? :scared: the final LOTR's was enough for me..I was praying that darn thing would end

I won't be watching king kong...I saw the original as a kid and cried me eyes out poor king kong..."sniff"
Old Dec 18th 2005, 4:55 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Beauty and the Beast were the BEST 2 actors.. by far... the rest were pants.

I am a computer geek but the animations (other than Kong and the T-rex fight scene) were crxp.

They were rowing row boats through rocks, in rough seas and you could see the row boats were going straight, like on a flat road- VERY bad.

The first hour was SOOO slow....

Continunity (sp) was pretty poor in places too.

The chase through the caverns with the people and the dinosaurs (being chased too by raptors) was SO BAD TOO. The people were running between the dinosaurs legs at the SAME speed and animated poorly with the people. Very cheesy and B-Movie stuff.

Also, falling down the chasm was poor....

As I said, Beauty and the Beast were AWESOME. Film was too long. Actors were average, scenery was "done before and better" stuff... Overall, I'd have given it a "C+" - weird that the critics all gave it A. I'm normally ahead of the critics but not this one.

Too long to get any decent quality on a DVD (compression will be too high).. It will have to come on 2xDVD's or High Def DVD else don't bother...
Old Dec 19th 2005, 1:29 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
Beauty and the Beast were the BEST 2 actors.. by far... the rest were pants.

I am a computer geek but the animations (other than Kong and the T-rex fight scene) were crxp.

They were rowing row boats through rocks, in rough seas and you could see the row boats were going straight, like on a flat road- VERY bad.

The first hour was SOOO slow....

Continunity (sp) was pretty poor in places too.

The chase through the caverns with the people and the dinosaurs (being chased too by raptors) was SO BAD TOO. The people were running between the dinosaurs legs at the SAME speed and animated poorly with the people. Very cheesy and B-Movie stuff.

Also, falling down the chasm was poor....

As I said, Beauty and the Beast were AWESOME. Film was too long. Actors were average, scenery was "done before and better" stuff... Overall, I'd have given it a "C+" - weird that the critics all gave it A. I'm normally ahead of the critics but not this one.

Too long to get any decent quality on a DVD (compression will be too high).. It will have to come on 2xDVD's or High Def DVD else don't bother...
Ahem, I think this belongs in the movie review thread in the Lounge shall I copy and paste or will you?