Kindermusik

Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindermusik

My NY daughter wanted a part time class for her 2 yr daughter. The private organized kids places were far too expensive for this meager income so she shopped around. Found a place for her at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) that have classes/groups according to age. Princess goes twice a week for 3 hours each day for the grand sum of $2,500 (September through June). Princess absolutely loves it. This pix was taken on Tuesday.

When my girls were younger I found a similar place for them at an Episcopal <sp> church.

So shop around.
Attached Thumbnails Kindermusik-prissy-princess.jpg  
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it really is worth it, depends on what you want to get out of it really. However, it's a franchised operation and each franchise are independently owned and staffed so will be different. In order to teach it you have to get the kindermusik certification which costs about $200 and isn't particularly difficult for anyone to get. but other than that it's up to the business owner to determine who they want to work for them. My wife was going to be a teacher and the franchise she was going to do it with only hired people who had a strong background in music but others may not be so picky. It's worth checking what sort of background the teachers have if you are going to do it. I'm not sure about this but I'm pretty sure that the business owner sets the prices, or at least to a certain degree, so looking for different operators in your area might throw up some price differences. Also remember that because a business is not very close to you it doesn't mean that they don't have classes that are so it's worth checking them all out. Lastly, most business owners will give you a free class if you ask so you can see what it's all about and if your child likes it.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 1:57 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your input everyone. I have had a look at the teachers in our area and have picked one that has lower prices but has been doing it for years with teaching qualifications. I emailed and they have offered a free session and to come along to their Christmas party for free. Then if we like it we can join the New Year classes. They also sent out some more information. For my money I get a take home pack with material to use at home. It seems to be cds, lyrics, ideas and a glove puppet. I'll report back if it was good incase anyone else is thinking about it. Thanks again.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
Thanks for your input everyone. I have had a look at the teachers in our area and have picked one that has lower prices but has been doing it for years with teaching qualifications. I emailed and they have offered a free session and to come along to their Christmas party for free. Then if we like it we can join the New Year classes. They also sent out some more information. For my money I get a take home pack with material to use at home. It seems to be cds, lyrics, ideas and a glove puppet. I'll report back if it was good incase anyone else is thinking about it. Thanks again.
Did you make sure the person you actually contacted is actually the class teacher and not just running the business?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:12 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Did you make sure the person you actually contacted is actually the class teacher and not just running the business?
Yeah I did thanks. They had a video of a class from a few weeks ago as well where the little ones were dressed up as sailors with fishing nets singing a song about fish! I'm off to start a googling to see if I can find some of the other things people have suggested as well.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:18 pm

Sorry, for reviving an old thread, but I did say I'd report back. We are 4 weeks into Kindermusik and I am very impressed. It's not so much a singing class, but an everything class. The do singing, playing with different instruments, stories, getting moving and getting talking activities. They get different props for each thing they do. They have to listen to the teacher, share and do actions in time to the music. Today we were cowboys, last week trains, great fun.
I am finding it good value for money as well as you get cds, stories and musical instruments to bring home.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
Sorry, for reviving an old thread, but I did say I'd report back. We are 4 weeks into Kindermusik and I am very impressed. It's not so much a singing class, but an everything class. The do singing, playing with different instruments, stories, getting moving and getting talking activities. They get different props for each thing they do. They have to listen to the teacher, share and do actions in time to the music. Today we were cowboys, last week trains, great fun.
I am finding it good value for money as well as you get cds, stories and musical instruments to bring home.
So glad that you're enjoying it