Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kilt Wearer Banned from Prom

Kilt Wearer Banned from Prom

Old Apr 27th 2005, 3:11 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Kilt Wearer Banned from Prom

Poor kid:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...336301,00.html
Old Apr 27th 2005, 3:12 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Kilt Wearer Banned from Prom

Fair play he sounds very Scottish
Old Apr 27th 2005, 3:20 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
By no stretch of the imagination could a kilt be considered trousers. I imagine the kid didn't wear a kilt at school at any other time and wore trousers instead, as per the school rules.

I find it a little hard to believe that it didn't dawn on this kid to check whether the kilt would be OK for the prom.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

A scottish couple have just opened a Kilt shop just down the road from my work. They are renting them out for weddings.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:35 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

I saw under a Scotsman's kilt once. I was lying on the floor at a wedding having come over all faint and a guy in a kilt came over to see I was alright. I was soon right as rain.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Funny this should come up as tomorrow, my son is wearing his kilt at school at the request of his teacher. He was meant to wear it yesterday whilst reading out "address to the Haggis". However, he had a dicky tummy and didn't want to risk wearing and apparently the teacher was very disappointed, having told a few of her colleagues, Alan was going to wear it.

He wore it to his previous high school on a couple of occasions and no-one complained, although Alan made sure everyone knew it was a 'kilt' and not a skirt.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:29 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjmb
Funny this should come up as tomorrow, my son is wearing his kilt at school at the request of his teacher. He was meant to wear it yesterday whilst reading out "address to the Haggis". However, he had a dicky tummy and didn't want to risk wearing and apparently the teacher was very disappointed, having told a few of her colleagues, Alan was going to wear it.

He wore it to his previous high school on a couple of occasions and no-one complained, although Alan made sure everyone knew it was a 'kilt' and not a skirt.
So why was he reading Address To The Haggis?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjmb
my son is wearing his kilt at school at the request of his teacher.
I would be worried
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peacelover
I saw under a Scotsman's kilt once. I was lying on the floor at a wedding having come over all faint and a guy in a kilt came over to see I was alright. I was soon right as rain.
When they interviewed the Scottish couple who just recently opened the store here for the local paper, they asked him what was worn under his kilt. His reply was "Nothings worn, its all in perfect working order"
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:15 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
When they interviewed the Scottish couple who just recently opened the store here for the local paper, they asked him what was worn under his kilt. His reply was "Nothings worn, its all in perfect working order"
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

A slightly alcoholic yellow rain ?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:06 pm
Mad bugger

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
A slightly alcoholic yellow rain ?
You were at the wedding too?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:17 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

You were at the wedding too?
When i first read your post I thought it said "I was under a Scotsman's kilt"
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:26 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
that's an outrage!!.....especially if he has a good pair of legs
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:42 am
Nostradamus

No more than seven months will he hold the office of prelate
In the path of the hollow mountains
The one harsh of letters will make a so horrible a notch
Stricken by fear, they will lead him to his death in the night