Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kids UK P/P renewal from US - question

Kids UK P/P renewal from US - question

Old Jun 30th 2011, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

freemee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kids UK P/P renewal from US - question

We reside in US. Does anyone know if I HAVE to put the father's information on my C2 child's UK passport (renewing from USA) form? He estranged himself years ago; I am the child's British-citizen-biological-mother; I have sole parental responsibility. The guidelines say that I have the authority to sign alone, but don't mention if I must fill in his details (some of which I don't even know/remember!). Surely they can look at the past original application to verify anything they are concerned with. Putting his info on the C2 form, above mine, seems to infer that we are a couple, and I don't want to mislead anyone. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Should I simply put what little I do know, or leave the 'father' section blank/put "unknown"? TY!
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

freemee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kids UK P/P renewal from US - question

I see that this posting got 'moved', but don't know what that means! Where was it moved to please? I haven't found it anywhere else I've looked. Thnx
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freemee
I see that this posting got 'moved', but don't know what that means! Where was it moved to please? I haven't found it anywhere else I've looked. Thnx
A site moderator probably moved it into the correct forum for you.

Rene
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

It has been moved to the USA forum. Look at the top of the screen and you will see the path that gets you to the post (Forum/Living & Moving Abroad/USA).
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if I HAVE to put the father's information on my C2 child's UK passport (renewing from USA) form?
It doesn't appear to be optional.

Putting his info on the C2 form, above mine, seems to infer that we are a couple, and I don't want to mislead anyone.
I don't think that putting the father's information on the form implies anything other than the fact that he is the child's father - which he is - I don't see how that could be considered to be misleading.

Should I simply put what little I do know, or leave the 'father' section blank/put "unknown"?
That would seem to be the best thing to do - is there really anything that you don't know/remember other than his passport number?