Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kids with guns

Kids with guns

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kids with guns

It amzaes me how you can type with your head so far up your own arse.

Can you really believe that the murder of a child sat watching tv in a house caused by some gunfire outside that house is minimal to your right to carry a gun ?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy

Can you really believe that the murder of a child sat watching tv in a house caused by some gunfire outside that house is minimal to your right to carry a gun ?
Personally I would like to see your viewpoint put rather better. The same people that 'murder that child in front of TV' no doubt could not get a gun legally. In this country it is a right to bare arms where it is banned in the UK yet gun crime (shootins and killings) have increased 11% in the UK. That same little girl could have been English so to use your expression do you stick your head up your ass and ignore it because it was done in a country where guns are verboten? I have not heard of any gun fights by the out and out vast majority of legal gun owners meeting at the local saloon for a bit of a shoot out. They are by the law of the USA allowed to own a gun subject to certain criteria. Guns will always be obtained illegally. Just look at the UK.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tony126
Personally I would like to see your viewpoint put rather better. The same people that 'murder that child in front of TV' no doubt could not get a gun legally. In this country it is a right to bare arms where it is banned in the UK yet gun crime (shootins and killings) have increased 11% in the UK. That same little girl could have been English so to use your expression do you stick your head up your ass and ignore it because it was done in a country where guns are verboten? I have not heard of any gun fights by the out and out vast majority of legal gun owners meeting at the local saloon for a bit of a shoot out. They are by the law of the USA allowed to own a gun subject to certain criteria. Guns will always be obtained illegally. Just look at the UK.

I was using a genric case, and there are certainly cases where legal guns fall into the hands of kids & tragedy ensues. I believe Flint, Michigan saw such a case.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:34 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
American kids have used guns long before the country was formed. Hasn't impacted the country's progress.

I'd suggest getting use to it.
Whether I get used to kids with guns (legal or otherwise) is beside the point. What is the point is whether I think this is good for the kids...

NC Penguin
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:08 am
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
You are, of course.... You're inflated American ego must make it a bit hard to stay upright. Anyway, enough is enough, I can (happily so) live wherever I please, and I can also disagree with how that country is run or how ignorant their citizens are. I'm pretty lucky (unlike most Americans) I've seen both sides of the coin. Pretty handy, that.
I see you are still going on with the anti-American comments. At least try and be somewhat objective and respectful to other Americans and say "You're inflated ego." I see we are now also collectively "ignorant."

You've seen boths sides of some coin but it appears to have only made you bitter and hostile.

Anytime you want to talk about gun control I'm game.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:14 am
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Yes. The country's founding fathers also agreed.

Accidents and bad things happen in this world. Some people need to accept that. Guns are just one of a long line of tools that can be used to commit a crime. It would be better to attack the the sources of crime in society. They are quite obvious, by the way.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:17 am
Banned

I was using a genric case, and there are certainly cases where legal guns fall into the hands of kids & tragedy ensues. I believe Flint, Michigan saw such a case.

I have no problem with an adult that through negligence lets a gun get into the hands of a child being punished.

I'm a gun owner by the way.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Whether I get used to kids with guns (legal or otherwise) is beside the point. What is the point is whether I think this is good for the kids...

NC Penguin

Why couldn't it be good for the kids? What you saw in that video was no different than in the colonial times, and throughout American history, when parents taught their children to learn how to shoot. I have quite a few friends that take their kids shooting and hunting.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Why couldn't it be good for the kids? What you saw in that video was no different than in the colonial times, and throughout American history, when parents taught their children to learn how to shoot. I have quite a few friends that take their kids shooting and hunting.

Of course it is, always saw the likes of George Washington & co. using automatic weapons when shooting the racoons, native americans & runaway slaves.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:11 am
Banned

Of course it is, always saw the likes of George Washington & co. using automatic weapons when shooting the racoons, native americans & runaway slaves.
So you'll be happy if they ban "automatic weapons?" Frankly, I doubt it.

You know guns of all types are banned in the UK if it bothers you so much.

Oh, and which "native Americans" are you refering to? The red, white, or the black ones?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

You know guns of all types are banned in the UK if it bothers you so much.

Oh, and which "native Americans" are you refering to? The red, white, or the black ones?
The Native Americans are the ones that the US tried to exterminate in the 1800's. But of course you no doubt believe Hollywood's version.

As for your repeated mantra about people going back to UK etc, what about people who are born & bred US citizens and also want a ban on guns ? Where should they go in your Utopia ?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thats funny.. I though that the The National Firearms Act 0f 1934 banned civilians from owning machine guns "automatic weapons?" without special permission from the U.S. Treasury Department...
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:46 pm
Banned

The Native Americans are the ones that the US tried to exterminate in the 1800's. But of course you no doubt believe Hollywood's version.
So what are the blacks and the whites that are born in America? Un-native? How do you reconcile your silly comment that the native indian tribes are exclusively "Native Americans" when the name America is of foreign origin? What were they before America came along?

And what about the theory that the indians came from Asia through a land bridge at the Bering Strait. What were they called before that?

If you are going to use an idiotic politically correct and technically moronic term don't be surprised if someone calls you on it.

You also obviously know little about American history so I'd suggest diving into the deep end if you want to be properly informed. You'll have to leave your politics and your prejudices behind too.

As for your repeated mantra about people going back to UK etc, what about people who are born & bred US citizens and also want a ban on guns ? Where should they go in your Utopia ?
Their right, but against their own Constitution and the founding fathers.

You are an immigrant, and a very anti-American one at that, coming from another culture that has made people frightened of gun ownership and that thinks of its citizens as not responsible and mature enough to own guns, even to protect their lives and the lives of their families in their own homes.

You are from a very different culture and you want to impose your fundamental cultural values on the culture of America. So, whether you realize it or not, your voice as an immigrant, especially as a recently arrived one, if that applies, carries little weight, and rightly so.

Besides, as I said, you are obviously very anti-American so why make yourself miserable in a country that you fundamentally abhor?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Thats funny.. I though that the The National Firearms Act 0f 1934 banned civilians from owning machine guns "automatic weapons?" without special permission from the U.S. Treasury Department...

Did it? You don't sound very sure.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fig you are a complete retard.

The Native Americans are those who were here centuries before the white immigrants. Most of the black population of the US are descended from people who never wanted to come here in the first place and were called slaves. Remember them ? Yes the great founding fathers who believed that all men were created equal ( except of course the slaves who were not men but property ?)

As for being anti-US, nope, just anti the people like you that know sweet fa but still spout rascist, right wing shite as matter of fact.

[QB] [/QB]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.