Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kids with guns

Kids with guns

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids with guns

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
American kids have used guns long before the country was formed. Hasn't impacted the country's progress.
I'd suggest getting use to it.
They don't like giving you Californians carry permits though do they ....
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Off to the opticians. I saw 'some' children but thought the majority were a tadge more older than a child. Must be me of course as I know 99% of you cannot be wrong.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:03 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
I choose to be in the US with the Memsahib. Luckily the overwhelming majority of people round here seem to be sane people with an intellect for above that of a troll like you.

I await your response with baited indifference.
I would respond more proper like but I have no idea what "Memsahib" is.

Interesting how you say the "overwhelming majority of people round here seem to be sane people with an intellect far above that of a troll like" me and yet you go on and insult those very same Americans.

In one post you have now called me insane, stupid, and a troll. Does that actually make you feel good?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:06 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ray
They don't like giving you Californians carry permits though do they ....
They meaning the crazy liberals in this state. That is true, though it isn't as hard as some might think. It varies county to county, and of course state to state.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

American kids have used guns long before the country was formed. Hasn't impacted the country's progress.

I'd suggest getting use to it.
I suppose taking their guns to school and shooting them is not impacting the country's progress?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I suppose taking their guns to school and shooting them is not impacting the country's progress?
That's a symptom of other ills in society.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

And guns don't kill people?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I would respond more proper like but I have no idea what "Memsahib" is.

Interesting how you say the "overwhelming majority of people round here seem to be sane people with an intellect far above that of a troll like" me and yet you go on and insult those very same Americans.

In one post you have now called me insane, stupid, and a troll. Does that actually make you feel good?

I see I was correct in having baited indifference.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:18 pm
Banned

I see I was correct in having baited indifference.

Whatever rocks your boat.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:20 pm
Banned

And guns don't kill people?
Many things can be used to kill people. Blades worked quite efficiently long before guns ever showed up.

America has always embraced gun ownership, as did its founding fathers. You'll have to get used to that too.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

It is a symptom of poor gun control and a society that thinks the rights of people to bear arms outweigh the rights of people not to be shot.

The Memsahib just told me that the local NRA nut has had his SUV crashed into, maybe there is a God after all
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Many things can be used to kill people. Blades worked quite efficiently long before guns ever showed up.

America has always embraced gun ownership, as did its founding fathers. You'll have to get used to that too.
I don't have to get used to anything. Because I chose to live somewhere (anywhere) doesn't mean I have to embrace what happens in that country. I can disagree and find disgraceful anything I want. That's the beauty of having my own opinions. Just because people come to America, doesn't mean they have to blindly leave behind their brains.....
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:02 pm
Banned

It is a symptom of poor gun control and a society that thinks the rights of people to bear arms outweigh the rights of people not to be shot.
We have always had guns and always will.

The Memsahib just told me that the local NRA nut has had his SUV crashed into, maybe there is a God after all
If it bothers you so much then you know what you need to do.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:07 pm
Banned

I don't have to get used to anything. Because I chose to live somewhere (anywhere) doesn't mean I have to embrace what happens in that country. I can disagree and find disgraceful anything I want.
So much for respecting other cultures, huh?

You will have no choice but to accept what bothers you or otherwise you will make yourself miserable.

That's the beauty of having my own opinions. Just because people come to America, doesn't mean they have to blindly leave behind their brains.....
Which of course I never suggested.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Which of course I never suggested.
You are, of course.... You're inflated American ego must make it a bit hard to stay upright. Anyway, enough is enough, I can (happily so) live wherever I please, and I can also disagree with how that country is run or how ignorant their citizens are. I'm pretty lucky (unlike most Americans) I've seen both sides of the coin. Pretty handy, that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.