Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kids Carrying Greencards at All Times?

Kids Carrying Greencards at All Times?

Old Jan 21st 2006, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids Carrying Greencards at All Times?

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
So, you carried it without problems for 8 years. Then you had a lobotomy? Daft enough to throw it away, even dafter to travel without it, then to compound the error you decide to flout the law and never carry it again?

Doh!
Didn't realise I was 'flouting' the law until I started reading this thread luv. Just doing what the nice immigration officer told me to do after losing it. I had no problem traveling without it, you are able to leave this country without one, they just ask to see it when you want to come back in. I've only ever been asked to prove I have one on entry to this country, so do feel a lot better for not carrying it on a daily basis, in case of, as you call it, having a 'lobotomy' and losing it again.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Kids Carrying Greencards at All Times?

never carried my GC around whilst in the usa. overseas.. always carry passport + greencard, + leave copies in hotel room.

only place have ever been asked to show GC is returning at US border,
and at the service center for renewal.