Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Keurig coffee maker.....?

Keurig coffee maker.....?

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keurig coffee maker.....?

I ended up buying a Keurig using a coupon from Bed bath and beyond and love it.
I buy the coffee from costco and usually only have 1 or 2 cups a day so it works out perfectly for me. I also like the green tea.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Probably repeating most of what I've said before...

I usually have one cup a day in the mornings, so the Keurig is ideal for me - my wife doesn't drink coffee at all, but she will have the very occasional hot chocolate.

I, too like strong coffee and I've found the best for my taste to be the Emeril's Big Easy Bold. I got some travel mug sized Timothy's French Roast on clearance, which I'm coming to the end of and it's not replaceable

I have a box of REVV on its way thanks to an Amazon warehouse deal and I should get it today, so that will be tried in the morning. It's supposed to be pretty good.

GM Dark Magic is not bad.

Best places to buy are Kohl's when they have a 20% off coupon (around $9 for an 18 count), BB&B (also when they have a local coupon) and occasionally, Amazon has some good prices.

One word of warning. DO NOT buy Grove Square products. The coffee is actually instant and their other products contain so much sucralose it's not even funny!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I personally wouldn't buy one...

1)The coffee cups are expensive, that said, each the thier own it is still a hell of a lot cheaper than buyiyng Starbucks everyday.

2) I work for a company that sells them and there are ALOT of returns on them.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Old thread but didnt want to start a new one
We got a Keurig finally ---hmmm its okkkaaayyyy

I like very strong coffee - not so much caffeine wise but it has to be full bodied and sort of "thick" I found my french press to be fine but fancied one of these fancy machines!!

It came with 12 samples - i have found one so far i like - extra bold french roast ---ive just made and thown out the hazelnut one

dont want to have to go thro them all so any suggestions as to strong bold "thick" coffee with body?

We have bought a filter so can use our own - problem is is that i like very hot coffee and whilst its ok its not boiling hot (i know coffee isnt supposed to be boiling anyway) also ive been using tap water - could this affect the taste?
I enjoy the fuller bolder flavours as well. Green Mountain have some really nice ones.

Double Black Diamond is a really nice one (just had my second one of the day) there is another Green Mountain one I enjoy as well, just cannot remember the name of it and ran out yesterday.... If you go on the Keurig site you can actually shop by roast and brand.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all who replied - appreciated
Now off to sample some of my samples till i can get to BB and Beyond to get some strong ones!!!!

and going to try filtered water!! thanks~!!!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Had my first cup of REVV this morning! WOW!!!

Strong, and has a kick to it. Slightly bitter aftertaste. Definitely getting more of this.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:43 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Had my first cup of REVV this morning! WOW!!!

Strong, and has a kick to it. Slightly bitter aftertaste. Definitely getting more of this.
... just how soon did you post after having your cuppa?!?!...

My kick at the mo is Vietnamese coffee... mind you, its probably to do with the condensed milk than anything else.

I've often thought of getting a Keurig for open houses (just like the commercial ) but think its more hassle to lug the crap around than its worth, but at-least I'd be able to write it all off!!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

It was almost three hours later - I had it at around 7am and posted close to 10am.

Why do you ask?
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

cpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of light

We have a Keurig and it works well for us. I also got a My K-Cup so that we can use any variety of ground coffee - it also helps keep the cost down. I have seen some reviews of the My K-cup where folks are saying that grounds leak from them etc. but we have never had that problem and use it daily.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 9:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Our local library just got one and now charges $1 per cup of coffee or tea
Old Apr 7th 2012, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Can one recycle the single cup serving - otherwise its seems to be quite a waste.....
Old Apr 7th 2012, 12:35 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cpe111
We have a Keurig and it works well for us. I also got a My K-Cup so that we can use any variety of ground coffee - it also helps keep the cost down. I have seen some reviews of the My K-cup where folks are saying that grounds leak from them etc. but we have never had that problem and use it daily.
I have the K-cup too - makes the whole thing very worth while. No way I'm paying $10 for 10 cups of coffee - that's just silly. It doesn't leak grounds in my cup either. I didn't know if I was going to be happy with it after my mate told me it doesn't make a hot enough cup but I'm pleasantly surprised by it.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
My kick at the mo is Vietnamese coffee... mind you, its probably to do with the condensed milk than anything else.
No - it is the combination of both the sugar and the caffeine in it
Old Apr 7th 2012, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

CherryPi is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't personally own a Keurig, but work at Sur La Table where we sell Keurig coffee machines along side other brands. To be honest, it's more down to the make and model of the machine it seems than the coffee itself when it comes to customer satisfaction.

They lost their patent on the machine and will be or have already lost their patent on the K-cup opening up the market for other companies to move in and make these products using the Keurig brand coffee as it's show piece.

However, not all machines are alike, I believe Starbucks has been making Keurig machines which are being returned to them on a regular basis due to leaking seam problems. Then there are companies like Breville who are making exceptional machines and are coming up with high ratings in the consumer reports.

We honestly very rarely sell Keurig machines, for the most part people tend to lean towards the Nespresso products, they are clean, energy efficient, well made and the individual capsules cost 57c each.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 3:20 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

watch out for the hot apple cider kcups. they are themselves not bad (not great either) BUT they make the next cup of coffee through the machine taste like total cack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.