Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kentucky Durrrrby

Kentucky Durrrrby

Old May 7th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kentucky Durrrrby

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Well, if your idea of a good time is sitting in a field with 100,000 rednecks getting soaked in a thunderstorm, then burnt by a glaring sun whilst having a few bets and a few beers then this is for you.
I have to say that this was an absolute blast and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has the change to go.
The archaic Churchill Downs still amazes me with the standard of its facilities - the fact that everyone in the infield (100k plus) enters the area through a 18ft wide tunnel under the track had me speechless - serious accident waiting to happen, but the whole event itself really has to be experienced.
I even managed to be interviewed by a few newspapers and TV stations when I went for a walk round the paddock with a union jack tied round my shoulders which was a good laugh
like a tru brit eh!! The union jack on ur shoulders, cut off jeans and white sports socks to ur knees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 7th 2007, 3:35 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
like a tru brit eh!! The union jack on ur shoulders, cut off jeans and white sports socks to ur knees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not english, so no white sports socks.
Old May 7th 2007, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Sport socks to the knees funny I've never seen it on younger men, I've noticed it tends to be the old boy network I mean over 80.
Old May 7th 2007, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

thought i heard my name mentioned
Old May 8th 2007, 3:22 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see the YouTube clips of Davy talking on telly.

A local town had a "Wine on the Fox" festival last Saturday. The Fox is our local river, and it was in a park right next to the river. 3 bands played, but we made a mad dash for it before Shirley King played (have seen her before, daughter of BB, and she's bloody awful! ) and before we heard even more wine glasses smash on the concrete paths. Daughter had a blast, though, as there were a ton of kids around, and all on the playground there, which was great! Got to sample 10 wines *hic!* and bought half a case to bring home. Now that's my kind of festival!
Old May 13th 2007, 3:45 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Well, if your idea of a good time is sitting in a field with 100,000 rednecks getting soaked in a thunderstorm, then burnt by a glaring sun whilst having a few bets and a few beers then this is for you.
I have to say that this was an absolute blast and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has the change to go.
The archaic Churchill Downs still amazes me with the standard of its facilities - the fact that everyone in the infield (100k plus) enters the area through a 18ft wide tunnel under the track had me speechless - serious accident waiting to happen, but the whole event itself really has to be experienced.
I even managed to be interviewed by a few newspapers and TV stations when I went for a walk round the paddock with a union jack tied round my shoulders which was a good laugh
I went last year when Barbaro won.
Not that I saw a f**king horse all afternoon.
Completely bladdered and a great time.
Old May 15th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Kentucky Durrrrby

Sadly, I couldn't get there because of work......but, I did have $20 on a horse called "Hoof-Hearted" to win

Jim