Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Kentucky Durrrrby

Kentucky Durrrrby

Old May 2nd 2007, 1:53 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kentucky Durrrrby

Anyone going ??

I'll be there on Friday and Saturday getting pished in the infield with the rest of the rednecks
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kentucky Durrrrby

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Anyone going ??

I'll be there on Friday and Saturday getting pished in the infield with the rest of the rednecks
don't forget the queen...
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:35 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

We have something far more exciting here in the "south". We have a Peanut Festival

Watching peanuts dry in the Sun... Now your talking !!!
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Anyone going ??

Yep. as previously mentioned, HM the Queen is going....
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:30 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
don't forget the queen...
May have to bring my Union Jack
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:10 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pharrya
Yep. as previously mentioned, HM the Queen is going....
Yeah- the news reported today that she has an advance team that has to go in to all of the places she will go to...to ensure that the color of her hat and outfit do not clash with the wall paper or paint of the various rooms.

Your tax dollars (tax-pounds?) hard at work
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:03 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
We have something far more exciting here in the "south". We have a Peanut Festival

Watching peanuts dry in the Sun... Now your talking !!!
You havent lived until you've been to the Chilicothe Pumpkin Fest.
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:03 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take you peanut festival and raise you our local "Burrowing Owl Festival".

In the notes for this extravaganza the organisers take pains to point out that "burrowing owls do not like crowds, and so are not likely to appear".

I didn't go, I fear I would have been disappointed.
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:25 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
I'll take you peanut festival and raise you our local "Burrowing Owl Festival".

In the notes for this extravaganza the organisers take pains to point out that "burrowing owls do not like crowds, and so are not likely to appear".

I didn't go, I fear I would have been disappointed.
You win. It seems a bit of a stretch to call it a 'festival' doesnt it!
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
They like to use the word 'festival' make's it all sound so exciting 'NOT'.
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:33 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
We also have "MangoMania", or as I prefer to call it, Fly Fest. I went one year, never again. I did get second place in the mango pie eating competition though - I would have won but my pie was half frozen
Old May 6th 2007, 5:45 pm
Thinking about it

Well, if your idea of a good time is sitting in a field with 100,000 rednecks getting soaked in a thunderstorm, then burnt by a glaring sun whilst having a few bets and a few beers then this is for you.
I have to say that this was an absolute blast and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has the change to go.
The archaic Churchill Downs still amazes me with the standard of its facilities - the fact that everyone in the infield (100k plus) enters the area through a 18ft wide tunnel under the track had me speechless - serious accident waiting to happen, but the whole event itself really has to be experienced.
I even managed to be interviewed by a few newspapers and TV stations when I went for a walk round the paddock with a union jack tied round my shoulders which was a good laugh
Old May 6th 2007, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if your idea of a good time is sitting in a field with 100,000 rednecks getting soaked in a thunderstorm, then burnt by a glaring sun whilst having a few bets and a few beers then this is for you.
I have to say that this was an absolute blast and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has the change to go.
The archaic Churchill Downs still amazes me with the standard of its facilities - the fact that everyone in the infield (100k plus) enters the area through a 18ft wide tunnel under the track had me speechless - serious accident waiting to happen, but the whole event itself really has to be experienced.
I even managed to be interviewed by a few newspapers and TV stations when I went for a walk round the paddock with a union jack tied round my shoulders which was a good laugh
Good on ya
Old May 7th 2007, 12:07 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

I'll take your bizarre festivals and raise you a "Rennaisance Festival"..... featuring medieval knights jousting etc.... in a country that wasn't even found until long after that period ! I really love the irony of it all at times.....
Old May 7th 2007, 1:28 pm
strangely floppy..

May have to bring my Union Jack

And did'st thou puke in the Queens handbag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.