Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't think there will be any surprises.

Surprise! Hil did it.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Surprise! Hil did it.
She pulled it off despite all the news channel's predictions. I think we will see more of the touchy feely Hillary now.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:29 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BritGuyTN;5761593]if she gets the nomination i think i will put romney signs up in my yard

i'll give up a potential assualt weapons ban from him in exchange for elimnating capital gains tax for familes with less than 200k per year income

Thats funny I said more or less the same thing last night, only problem is my roomate is a democrat so we thought to confuse the neighours we will put both up
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:16 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Poppy girl;5763799]
Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
if she gets the nomination i think i will put romney signs up in my yard

i'll give up a potential assualt weapons ban from him in exchange for elimnating capital gains tax for familes with less than 200k per year income

Thats funny I said more or less the same thing last night, only problem is my roomate is a democrat so we thought to confuse the neighours we will put both up
i think my wife is on the steering committee for hilary for tennessee but she was very impressed with romney

she sees herself as a democrat whereas i see myself as an independant - i will vote according to policies

hilary and mccain both read from a script whereas edwards/obama/romney apparently had it all rehearsed which I thought was quite impressive

IMO mccains speech was a bunch of fluff
huckabee was shit and mad me nearly fall asleep
clintons was slightly better
romneys was excellent but was obviously designed to appeal to all republicans on all the topics
edwards wandered off track by constantly going on about poverty and healthcare when those are not the only two issues
obamas was overall the best

my most hated word at the moment? 'change', if i hear that form anyone this morning they may get a slap
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:26 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

my most hated word at the moment? 'change', if i hear that form anyone this morning they may get a slap
Innocent guy in street: "Hey, BritGuy, have you got change for the meter? Argh! What was that for?"

Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:30 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

my most hated word at the moment? 'change', if i hear that form anyone this morning they may get a slap[/QUOTE]

My worrie is this the Republicans really seem to have a bunch of muppets except McCain but I still say he is too old to be President, as you know I have a thing for Romney but he ain't no President either so what will happen on D.Day!!
If Clinton runs as leader for the Demo's, I just cannot see another Republican president/nominee get in and win...... so where does that leave us with CLINTON
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:51 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Innocent guy in street: "Hey, BritGuy, have you got change for the meter? Argh! What was that for?"

Good job i'm at home today!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
She is very bright and intimately familiar with the feminist movement of the 60s and 70s, so I can't believe that she wasn't echoing the famous "the personal is political" slogan. I just can't work out whether what she was saying was a coded message to feminists (which should be all of us...) or her turning her back on them (because it makes a distinction between the personal and political).
Or is she responding to Edwards' continued use of the phrase 'it's personal for me' etc?

hilary and mccain both read from a script whereas edwards/obama/romney apparently had it all rehearsed which I thought was quite impressive
That bothered me a LOT that she had to read her comments. She should know better than that by now.. is she too tired? (she looked it)
Obama is a great speaker. From a professional's standpoint, he gave an awesome talk last night and did so (appropriately) without notes on the podium.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:28 pm
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by meauxna
is she too tired? (she looked it)
she looked 'rode hard and put away wet'

her eyes looked dead tired

all the candidates looked shattered with the exception of romney and huckabee

maybe they each both had some nosebag
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the whole thing surprised me too. What do all the media know anyway? I was convinced Barack would win by a landslide. Just goes to show... trust no-one!

Congrats to Hils (still not convinced she is totally genuine, mind you)

Well, this will all make for some interesting primaries in the future, that's for sure.

Where to next? Is it Michigan or Nevada?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:44 am
Just Joined

harry7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Poppy Girl, Sorry to ask you in wrong thread. I was reading your post regarding I-751 waiver. In one post said that you got waiver in this case. Can you plz tell me what documents you filed with your I-751 waiver. I will in great need. I will appreciate your response.

thanks.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by harry7
Hey Poppy Girl, Sorry to ask you in wrong thread. I was reading your post regarding I-751 waiver. In one post said that you got waiver in this case. Can you plz tell me what documents you filed with your I-751 waiver. I will in great need. I will appreciate your response.

thanks.
Please post in the marriage based forum.