Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keira and Poppys New Hampshire thread!

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
it would be harsh but not unfair - the fact shes a woman is a unexcusable thing in the eyes of many male voters, showing that level of emotion this early on in the race is poor - how would she hold up against mccain/guiliani?
Please...I cannot believe anyone would fall for that staged piece of work. It wasn't PMT or emotion IMO...just a cold, calculating attempt to try to gain more votes.

All women can turn on the waterworks when they want to.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

it would be harsh but not unfair - the fact shes a woman is a unexcusable thing in the eyes of many male voters, showing that level of emotion this early on in the race is poor - how would she hold up against mccain/guiliani?
Yet conversely, can you imagine if Obama or Romney teared up? There would be a hugh out-pouring of sympathy and well-wishers... ah he's showing how much he cares, what a true man! (Not that it's likely, but it just goes to show how fickle the world is!)
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:42 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Lets rename the thread

Keira and Poppys lets bash Hilary Clinton thread
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I know this will get me a lot of flak from the females on the board

that combined with the outburst yesterday
There was no outburst yesterday. There was a moment when she was asked by another woman "How do you do it"? and in her reply to the question, (which btw I found very sensitive and worthy of a presidental candidate) she cried.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli..._response.html

Excerpt

"The question from a contemporary caught the tired former front-runner off guard. She paused. The emotion gathered on her face as she worked up an answer.
A round of supportive applause from the group, consisting mostly of women, seemed to give her strength.

"This is very personal for me. It's not just political. It's not just ... I see what's happening and we have to reverse it," she said, her voice cracking. "Some people think elections are a game. They think it's like who's up, who's down. It's about our country. It's about our kids' futures. And it's really about all of us together."

Barely able to compose herself, she labored on: "You know, some of us put ourselves out there and do this against some pretty difficult odds.

"And we do it - each one of us - because we care about our country," she said.
The reaction stunned her audience - and won them over. "

Last edited by Rete; Jan 8th 2008 at 8:01 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:13 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
There was no outburst yesterday. There was a moment when she was asked by another woman "How do you do it"? and in her reply to the question, (which btw I found very sensitive and worthy of a presidental candidate) she cried.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli..._response.html

Excerpt

"The question from a contemporary caught the tired former front-runner off guard. She paused. The emotion gathered on her face as she worked up an answer.
A round of supportive applause from the group, consisting mostly of women, seemed to give her strength.

"This is very personal for me. It's not just political. It's not just ... I see what's happening and we have to reverse it," she said, her voice cracking. "Some people think elections are a game. They think it's like who's up, who's down. It's about our country. It's about our kids' futures. And it's really about all of us together."

Barely able to compose herself, she labored on: "You know, some of us put ourselves out there and do this against some pretty difficult odds.

"And we do it - each one of us - because we care about our country," she said.
The reaction stunned her audience - and won them over. "
its dramatic and therefore an outburst in my mind...

i do agree with other posters that she could very well be putting it on with irritates me even more...
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

its dramatic and therefore an outburst in my mind...

i do agree with other posters that she could very well be putting it on with irritates me even more...

And I disagree ---- the reaction was genuine and unplanned.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 9th 2008 at 1:21 am. Reason: emphasising my thought
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't know and I really don't care. Well I suppose I do care...I don't want to see her in the WH.

And I don't want to see the stumble bum Obama in there. But at least it would be a already known two-faced card player who looks like death warmed over.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:28 pm
Concierge

Guiliani is out of the race. He also has been and always will be a little man which grandiose ideas. Nothing more; nothing less.

McCain didn't make it last time and he isn't going to make it this time either.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

And I disagree that the reaction was genuine and unplanned.
I think you meant it the other way around...?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:42 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Guiliani is out of the race. He also has been and always will be a little man which grandiose ideas. Nothing more; nothing less.

McCain didn't make it last time and he isn't going to make it this time either.
So who's gonna get the nomination for the Repugs? All the rest are too frightening to contemplate.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So who's gonna get the nomination for the Repugs? All the rest are too frightening to contemplate.
Well it's neck and neck between Romney and McCain at the moment... I would say it will probably be McCain but who knows... the way things are going right now, I"VE got more chance than some of these doughnuts!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:52 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keira-2007
Well it's neck and neck between Romney and McCain at the moment... I would say it will probably be McCain but who knows... the way things are going right now, I"VE got more chance than some of these doughnuts!
Well those are probably the two best Republican candidates. Personally, I'm pulling for the Rev. Hook -- best chance of ensuring Repug defeat at the presidential IMO.

McCain has had a brain fart of late. He used to be a decent guy (for one of them), then he threw his lot in with Bush, now he's made a comeback. He's a two-faced twat, though: he was one of the original sponsors of the DREAM act. On it's last voyage for a vote, he left the chamber 2 minutes before the call -- couldn't be seen voting "yes" on an "amnesty" bill. Sad really.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Well those are probably the two best Republican candidates. Personally, I'm pulling for the Rev. Hook -- best chance of ensuring Repug defeat at the presidential IMO.

McCain has had a brain fart of late. He used to be a decent guy (for one of them), then he threw his lot in with Bush, now he's made a comeback. He's a two-faced twat, though: he was one of the original sponsors of the DREAM act. On it's last voyage for a vote, he left the chamber 2 minutes before the call -- couldn't be seen voting "yes" on an "amnesty" bill. Sad really.
Yup. And I've been watching the extra footage that C-SPAN shows once the campaign rallies end... where they follow the candidate as he shakes hands with the crowd. He didn't want to talk about immigration to someone who asked so he point blank ignored them, then when they showed a bit of persistence, he was down right rude to them. That really opened my eyes to his character, if not his politics.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did anyone see Dubbya making his speech about the economy in Chicago yesterday? I swear someone had dropped one just before he spoke, coz he looked like he was about to burst into hysterics.. something had amused him... or does he always look like that? How can anyone take the man seriously?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:07 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by keira-2007
Yup. And I've been watching the extra footage that C-SPAN shows once the campaign rallies end... where they follow the candidate as he shakes hands with the crowd. He didn't want to talk about immigration to someone who asked so he point blank ignored them, then when they showed a bit of persistence, he was down right rude to them. That really opened my eyes to his character, if not his politics.
The neocon haters on talk FM are really after him. Hard to say who they dislike most: him or Hils. In neocon land you either want to deport them in a wagon or you're soft on immigration. Poor guy has nowhere to go on it. Wish he'd just stand up and tell them what he really believes. Romney did -- said that if you thought we could deport so many people you were in living cuckoo land.

If you want character, Kucinich is your man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.