Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Keeping My UK Bank Account

Keeping My UK Bank Account

Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:52 am
Banned

nickiq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Keeping My UK Bank Account

if you are a UK resident and you have a UK address, (ie close family) then you are allowed by law to register to vote... this is principle

ironically since 2000 and the buy to let boom, the counties/metros have no system that can see if you are multiple registered... hence my term..... only vote once.... this is a criminal offence (vote twice)...

we used to have a joke about this... only way to keep the tories in!!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:17 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickiq
if you are a UK resident and you have a UK address, (ie close family) then you are allowed by law to register to vote... this is principle

ironically since 2000 and the buy to let boom, the counties/metros have no system that can see if you are multiple registered... hence my term..... only vote once.... this is a criminal offence (vote twice)...

we used to have a joke about this... only way to keep the tories in!!!
As JG said:
British citizens living abroad who have been registered to vote in the UK at any time within the past 15 years can register as an overseas voter.
Taken from this article that the Electoral Commission asked us to publish
Old Feb 6th 2008, 6:47 pm
Banned

nickiq is an unknown quantity at this point

the main point that i meant was that if you register to a next of kin address, ie parents siblings etc.... then you will keep/get your credit score up and running

global banks are now doing global credit checks
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

the main point that i meant was that if you register to a next of kin address, ie parents siblings etc.... then you will keep/get your credit score up and running

Please use the quote button...located at the bottom right of the post you're answering...that way we can see whose post you're referring to.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:42 am
Just Joined

DavidM is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a good point. There are many reasons, mostly financial to keep your bank account registered to a UK address. You never know when you might want to go back. Also you play can't play the national lottery online without one!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:30 am
Pompey Boy

gazzpfc will become famous soon enough

Global banks maybe but they of course under uk data protection still need your permission to run a UK check , seperate from USA well thats what they told me when we signed for car here.