KB Homes

Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default KB Homes

In an attempt to keep people from creating anti KBHome websites KBHome has started purchasing domain names that could be used. Here is a short list of just a few of the domain names that KB HOME has purchased.

kbhomesucks.net
kbsucks.net
kbhomesucks.org
kbsucks.o rg
kbhomesucks.info
kbhomessuck.net
kbhomesucks.biz
kbhomessuck.org< br>f**kkbhome.com
kbhomessuck.info
kbsucks.com
kbhomessuck.biz
kbsuc ks.biz
kbhomeblows.org
kbcasasucks.com
kbhomeblows.biz
kbcasasucks.n et
kbhomeblows.info
kbcasasucks.org
kbhomesblow.com
kbcasasucks.biz< br>kbhomesblow.net
kbcasasucks.info
kbhomesblow.org
kbhomeblows.com
kbhomesblow.biz
kbhomeblows.net
kbhomesblow.info
f**kkbhome.net
f**k kbhomes.com
f**kkbhome.org
f**kkbhomes.net
f**kkbhome.biz
f**kkbhome s.org
f**kkbhome.info
f**kkbhomes.biz
f**kkbhomes.info
screwkbhome.c om
screwkbhome.org
screwkbhome.biz
screwkbhome.net

Didn't get http://www.kbhomesucks.com/ though.............
Old Jul 4th 2005, 4:18 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KB Homes

I only wish I knew what KB Homes were...
Old Jul 4th 2005, 6:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think Barratts

Without the benefit of UK consumer protection laws
Old Jul 4th 2005, 7:48 am
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Boiler
Think Barratts

Without the benefit of UK consumer protection laws
I know nothing about KB Homes, thankfully by the sounds of things! However I can comment on Barratt's My cousing had a pokey little Barratt house and her dog ate through the stair wall.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

We have a KB house and have no problems with it. From the info that I get from the other homeholders if they have had problems, its been fixed promptly. The guy across from us, had his whole lawn returf as it had died in the tx heat and replace by weeds. They did this despite the fact the guy had never watered his lawn so it was bound to die!

Have other friends who have bought houses from other builders and they have encountered similar problems to the ones mentioned on the KBhomesucks site. It just that KB could almost counted as a national builders as opposed to the other builders who are regional. You are bound to have problems if you build a lot of houses.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 4:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjmb
We have a KB house and have no problems with it. From the info that I get from the other homeholders if they have had problems, its been fixed promptly. The guy across from us, had his whole lawn returf as it had died in the tx heat and replace by weeds. They did this despite the fact the guy had never watered his lawn so it was bound to die!
Hope your not here then ... http://kbhomestink.org/
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:46 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

KB homes have an appalling reputation round us, but whether its justified or not I couldn't say as I don't know anyone in one. But the gossip mill is rife with horror stories - the problem (for KB) is that these become exaggerated with every turn, and are extremely hard to stop when they start.

We looked at a few - main thing I noticed about KB was that absolutely everything was an upgrade - not really a problem, but it did disguise the fact that for the cheap advertised price, you get very little house.

They are currently showing a whole load of banners round us stating that they are in the top 3 for customer satisfaction in Houston. Don't say who measures it or how though. There are also a bunch of banners saying "KB Homes. Why rent??" which have been amended by some comedian to read "KB homes - why? Rent!!!"
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

It was on this forum that I first came across the KBsucks site and so I visited it. Yes it does appear that some people have an unfortunate experience. However, on looking at the number of registered viewers..801, only 529 have posted any messages and a good number of them are to say how good the houses were. Given that KB homes is present in 13 states and builds houses in France, it seems to be a minority view. Unfortunately, the one thing for sure is that bad news is never good advertising, so no wonder KB homes is taking action.

When we bought this house, we knew it didn't have any frills and it was a bog standard house. However for $220,000 we ended up with house which is 4800 sq ft and $100,000 cheaper than the house on the other side of Austin which our friend bought which is smaller plus they ended up with more problems, ie like half the ceiling collapsing the day they moved in, due to a punctured water pipe. 12 months later the AC broke down (in the middle of the summer), due the fact the connections were put in incorrectly. That is only 2 of the many problems they experience and that was with one of the sp called up market builders

If you do searches on the internet, it seems that other builders have similar problems, no doubt due to the variation in state standards or even city standards. If there was a federal standard in the building trade, maybe not so many shoddy houses would be built.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 3:26 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

If you do searches on the internet, it seems that other builders have similar problems, no doubt due to the variation in state standards or even city standards. If there was a federal standard in the building trade, maybe not so many shoddy houses would be built.
We had the pre-pour slab inspection for our new house done last week, and I was talking to the inspector about reputations of various builders. He reckoned that it was very hard to cubby hole them because it was very much down to the framing crew / foreman for each particular house. Granted, the "better" builders may make better hires, but at the end of the day he reckoned the same company could build substantially different quality houses on opposite sides of the street, purely down to the standard of the individual crew. Or maybe he was just trying to justify his fees...............
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:37 pm
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice
Cool Re: KB Homes

KB Homes have definitely got a bit of a bad reputation here in Houston, whether it is deserved or not they definitely have one. As someone else said what starts as a small problem can easily get dramatized and exaggerated as it gets passed along.

I always thought that they looked reasonably good when I started looking for a house, but when I changed realtors he started making little comments about them, not directly because that is not allowed, but just enough that I steered clear.

They have scored pretty good in JD Power customer satisfaction in Houston so it can’t be all bad.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Haven't they featured on the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition show?
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Haven't they featured on the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition show?
As a before, or after?
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:09 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

That is only 2 of the many problems they experience and that was with one of the sp called up market builders
PM me with the name so I can avoid!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boiler
As a before, or after?

They paid for the new home and pay off mortgages etc for promotional purposes. Guess it works as I had never heard of them before!
Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
They paid for the new home and pay off mortgages etc for promotional purposes. Guess it works as I had never heard of them before!
Actuall I was suggesting maybe it was a KB home that was the one that was torn down, too slick for my own good.