Kate Bush

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:19 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Kate Bush

Just a heads-up.

Kate Bush is releasing her first CD in years (called "Aerial") next week...will probably be a best seller in the UK, I have no idea if she was ever popular in the US?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 2nd 2005 at 7:22 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:22 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kate Bush

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Just a heads-up.

Kate Bush is releasing her first CD in years (called "Aerial") next week...will probably be a best seller in the UK, I have no idea if she was ever popular in the US?
I don't think so, I've asked a few people in the past and they didn't know who she was till I started singing "Heathcliffe, it's me oh Kathy, I've come home now...."

Even then it's amazing they recognize it with my crappy out of tune voice
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:34 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
I don't think so, I've asked a few people in the past and they didn't know who she was till I started singing "Heathcliffe, it's me oh Kathy, I've come home now...."

Even then it's amazing they recognize it with my crappy out of tune voice

There was a review on the BBC news site. They seemed to like it

...and here it is for you:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4379778.stm

Last edited by Chorlton; Nov 2nd 2005 at 8:42 pm. Reason: added link
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

One in Kate's bush is worth two off the hand!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:08 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Kate Bush

Originally Posted by rushman
One in Kate's bush is worth two off the hand!!
You're one sick puppy.....!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

You're one sick puppy.....!!!

"rushman
Naturally Abrasive"

he got something right
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:17 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Just a heads-up.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music
Me and my spouse are big Kate Bush fans. I think Kate was marginally popular in the US for a short time when she released Wuthering Heights and then later with the Hounds of Love album.

Big problem for Kate is that she's not exactly one to play along with the marketing of her music and only ever toured once.

Buying the album in the UK is on the shopping list when we're over.

You've got to give Kate credit. She still has a recording contract even after a 12 year gap since her last album. She must have a lot of clout with the bigwigs at EMI.

NC Penguin
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:26 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by psb182
"rushman
Naturally Abrasive"

he got something right
I'm doing my best to emulate you and be correct ALL the time.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
I'm doing my best to emulate you and be correct ALL the time.

I am only correct all the time in "MY" eyes
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by psb182
I am only correct all the time in "MY" eyes
That's a disease..........

........of which I also suffer!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Oggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura aboutOggie Oi! has a spectacular aura about

Kate definitely has a small but devoted fan base in the US, but she has never had a great deal of mainstream success. Since US radio used to be strictly formatted in the early 80s and most of her music defied conventional categorization, her songs were rarely heard by a large American audience. Things have changed now and perhaps her new release will get more exposure.

Pat Benetar did a version of Wuthering Heights that was dreadful.

Suspended in Gaffa is a personal fave.

She still looks great.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite Peter Gabriel song "Don't Give Up" has Kate Bush accompanying him. I love to listen to that.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 3:11 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really like Kate Bush's music, but I do respect her as a person.

She had some minor fame here via MTV and with her cover of Elton John's "Rocketman" -- and there are many fans here in the Brit-indie scene. But mainstream chart success is VERY difficult for any British artist to achieve.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oggie Oi!
Pat Benetar did a version of Wuthering Heights that was dreadful.
Good copy of the original then!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I don't really like Kate Bush's music, but I do respect her as a person.

She had some minor fame here via MTV and with her cover of Elton John's "Rocketman" -- and there are many fans here in the Brit-indie scene. But mainstream chart success is VERY difficult for any British artist to achieve.
Beatles done a good job of making it look easy then!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.