Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Karma Chameleon

Karma Chameleon

Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of
Default Karma Chameleon

Can someone please explain how the whole Karma thing works?
I thought I'd figured it out but now apparently I can't give Karma to the person I wanted to give Karma to without giving Karma to some people I don't want to give karma to.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:05 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Karma Chameleon

Originally Posted by jamjar
I thought I'd figured it out but now apparently I can't give Karma to the person I wanted to give Karma to without giving Karma to some people I don't want to give karma to.
Sounds like bad karma.. man.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:57 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem pointless so I just sent you some karma.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:16 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neil
It does seem pointless so I just sent you some karma.

I thought it was kinda odd, but I think it's so you can't get a mate to give you tons of karma and make you look good
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

is this some devious plot to get karma......

d'oh - fell for it!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:43 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Have some from me too.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:43 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

You have to "spread" your karma. It's an attempt to stop people from just giving karma to their "mates".

I think you have to spread to about 20 other people before you can karma the same person again.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wintersong
You have to "spread" your karma. It's an attempt to stop people from just giving karma to their "mates".

I think you have to spread to about 20 other people before you can karma the same person again.
So if I send Karma back to everyone that replied I'll be able to give karma to the person I was trying to give it to originally
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:38 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

So if I send Karma back to everyone that replied I'll be able to give karma to the person I was trying to give it to originally
Yes, if you spread to enough people in between. But don't forget that you only have about 4 hits of karma to give out every day before the karma that you do give is worthless (unless you attach a nice message, in which case some might say it's the thought that counts )
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Yes, if you spread to enough people in between. But don't forget that you only have about 4 hits of karma to give out every day before the karma that you do give is worthless (unless you attach a nice message, in which case some might say it's the thought that counts )
Didn't know that. Thankyou. Hope I didn't run out before I got to you
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:45 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Didn't know that. Thankyou. Hope I didn't run out before I got to you
No, it didn't - and it's the thought that counts anyway

Of course, some people use the ability to spread blanks as a way of spreading to the "undeserving" before going back and giving a fully loaded shot to their mates the next day.

But if anyone asks, you didn't hear it from me. And no, I don't do it!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:48 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think I have ever given anyone Karma, dont ask me why
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

No, it didn't - and it's the thought that counts anyway

Of course, some people use the ability to spread blanks as a way of spreading to the "undeserving" before going back and giving a fully loaded shot to their mates the next day.

But if anyone asks, you didn't hear it from me. And no, I don't do it!
Obviously I have no mates then.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:51 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
Obviously I have no mates then.
Subtle Tony...subtle
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:52 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Patrick
I dont think I have ever given anyone Karma, dont ask me why
Because you're a stingy git?

I have to admit to being a bit tight with karma myself, but it's mainly because I forget to use it. We should have a carry-over system for days when we don't use up all of our hits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.