Reload this Page >

K3 Visa and Work Permit (I-765)

K3 Visa and Work Permit (I-765)

Old Jul 6th 2002, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Leelou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 Visa and Work Permit (I-765)

Hello,

Does anyone know how long the current (July 02) waiting time is for a work authorization to arrive once fingerprinting has been done?

I am in the US on a K3 Visa and am eagerly awaiting a job offer from a financial institution I've been interviewing with. The problem is, they cannot offer me the position until my work permit arrives. I've tried calling the INS general information # they are not helpful.

Does anyone know what the average wait time is?

Thank you.
Old Jul 8th 2002, 7:20 pm
Sylvia Ottemoel

Default Re: K3 Visa and Work Permit (I-765)

Leelou wrote:

> Does anyone know how long the current (July 02) waiting time is for a work
    > authorization to arrive once fingerprinting has been done?
    >
    > I am in the US on a K3 Visa and am eagerly awaiting a job offer from a financial
    > institution I've been interviewing with. The problem is, they cannot offer me the
    > position until my work permit arrives. I've tried calling the INS general
    > information # they are not helpful.
    >
    > Does anyone know what the average wait time is?

The average wait time for an I-765 filed at an INS district office together with an
I-485 is probably about 2 months. However, some INS district offices have same-day
processing, and others take longer, I'd say up to 4 months.

This site has some figures which may give you an estimate for your district office:
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/instimes.htm. This may also be helpful:
http://www.kamya.com/aos/

The only source of current, accurate information on processing times for your
particular INS district office is probably a busy immigration attorney in the area.

There are expedite procedures for the I-765 at most INS district offices. You might
be eligible; check with an attorney, or pay a visit to the INS district office to
find out the expedite procedures. Sometimes a letter of urgency from a prospective
employer will do the trick.