K3 Success!

Old Jul 18th 2002, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 Success!

I finally got my approval notice from MSC today (notice dated 7/15). However, my case on the MSC phone system is still not updated, still pending. But since I have the approval notice in hand, I do not care that MSC has not updated my case on their phone system.

Now I will attempt to get a provisional file opened in Islamabad by faxing my approval notice, we'll see how that goes (as of last word, non-immigrant visa processing is suspended). Will the NVC send me a notice once they have forwarded the file?

Timeline as follows

I-130 Mailed to CSC 4/15/02
I-130 NOA1 dated 4/24/02
I-129F Mailed to MSC 4/26/02
I-129F NOA1 dated 5/1/02
I-129F NOA2 dated 7/15/02

omer
Old Jul 18th 2002, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Kimmini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K3 Success!

Congratulations on receiving your approval notice!

Why would the nonimmigrant visas be suspended, if the consulates are open? That seems prejudiced, and I hope it's not true. The K3 process is an emotionally rollercoaster, you know? You stress about getting the approval soon; then once you do, you are excited, until you hit a dead-end again, such as them suspending nonimmigrant visas.

But better be prepared, just in case they are processing K3s. I brought my papers, etc. to my husband in India for his K3 interview (scheduled July 26th). Shortly after I arrived, he received a letter stating his interview date and what to bring. I was shocked, because I was expecting a checklist that he would have to send in and then wait for a date to be scheduled after that.

Good luck to you though! Sure it will all work out...
Old Jul 18th 2002, 9:20 pm
A.S. Byatt

osaeed <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> I finally got my approval notice from MSC today (notice dated 7/15). However, my
    > case on the MSC phone system is still not updated, still pending. But since I have
    > the approval notice in hand, I do not care that MSC has not updated my case on
    > their phone system.
    >
    > Now I will attempt to get a provisional file opened in Islamabad by faxing my
    > approval notice, we'll see how that goes (as of last word, non-immigrant visa
    > processing is suspended). Will the NVC send me a notice once they have forwarded
    > the file?
    >
    > Timeline as follows
    >
    > I-130 Mailed to CSC 4/15/02 I-130 NOA1 dated 4/24/02 I-129F Mailed to MSC 4/26/02
    > I-129F NOA1 dated 5/1/02 I-129F NOA2 dated 7/15/02

They did for me, but I've heard they are quity flaky when it comes to sending
out notices.

Old Jul 25th 2002, 4:20 am
Sureyya Staton

Hi

Osaeed can u plz email me?? I would love to talk to someone else who is not only
dealing with islamabad but also NSC. I would love to talk to u.

Thanks Sureyya "osaeed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I finally got my approval notice from MSC today (notice dated 7/15). However, my
    > case on the MSC phone system is still not updated, still pending. But since I have
    > the approval notice in hand, I do not care that MSC has not updated my case on
    > their phone system.
    >
    > Now I will attempt to get a provisional file opened in Islamabad by faxing my
    > approval notice, we'll see how that goes (as of last word, non-immigrant visa
    > processing is suspended). Will the NVC send me a notice once they have forwarded
    > the file?
    >
    > Timeline as follows
    >
    > I-130 Mailed to CSC 4/15/02 I-130 NOA1 dated 4/24/02 I-129F Mailed to MSC 4/26/02
    > I-129F NOA1 dated 5/1/02 I-129F NOA2 dated 7/15/02
    >
    >
    > omer
    >
    >
    >
    > --