Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K3 questions...please. :)

K3 questions...please. :)

Old May 10th 2002, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Kimmini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 questions...please. :)

Hello all! This is my first time posting here, and I'm so excited that I found this forum.

First off, I am wondering if I will be allowed to attending the K3 interview with my husband? Are they particular about just questioning him alone, or would it be all right for me to join in?

Also, I received my 1st NOA for my I-129F on April 3, 2002. On the recording, it says processing is between 15-21 business days. Anyone who has applied after this date and has already been approved?

I am traveling to India in June to visit my husband, and I am hoping that we can have an interview set up while I'm there; thus, I'm in a panic to receive my 2nd NOA before I go.

I did find some helpful info. on this forum about contacting the immigration liasion at the congressman's office, which I did today.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Kim
Old May 11th 2002, 12:20 am
Donna Herboth

Default Re: K3 questions...please. :)

I too got our 1st NOA on April 3, 2002 and I am still hearing that 15-21 days bull
shit message but have yet to receive the 2nd NOA. Keep us posted and hopefully we'll
ALL be approved soon!

Donna

Kimmini wrote:

> Hello all! This is my first time posting here, and I'm so excited that I found
    > this forum.
    >
    > First off, I am wondering if I will be allowed to attending the K3 interview with
    > my husband? Are they particular about just questioning him alone, or would it be
    > all right for me to join in?
    >
    > Also, I received my 1st NOA for my I-129F on April 3, 2002. On the recording, it
    > says processing is between 15-21 business days. Anyone who has applied after this
    > date and has already been approved?
    >
    > I am traveling to India in June to visit my husband, and I am hoping that we can
    > have an interview set up while I'm there; thus, I'm in a panic to receive my 2nd
    > NOA before I go.
    >
    > I did find some helpful info. on this forum about contacting the immigration
    > liasion at the congressman's office, which I did today.
    >
    > Thanks for any feedback you can provide!
    >
    > Kim
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 11th 2002, 5:20 pm
Me

This message is not accurate, I believe it gives the 15-21 day theory to everyone. I
listened to it for 62 days before it finally said THIS CASE HAS BEEN APPROVED! I hope
you all get approved ASAP.

Good Luck & God Bless Me

Old May 12th 2002, 2:20 am
Richard Sun

I'm not sure if it works the same for every overseas consulate, but I haven't heard
anyone who's been allowed to go to the K-3 interview with their spouse.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old May 12th 2002, 9:20 pm
Bc

Hi,

Couple things, what consulate are you going via in India? From the other K3 web
sites, it seems to take between 45-60 days for 2nd NOA (Notice of Approval).
Also from what I have heard the consulate in Mumbai doesn't allow spouse (US
Citizen) inside when interviewing. Good luck, I am awaiting for my spouse to
arrive from India.

thx bc

[email protected] (Richard Sun) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > I'm not sure if it works the same for every overseas consulate, but I haven't heard
    > anyone who's been allowed to go to the K-3 interview with their spouse.
    >
    > Here's my current time line:
    >
    > http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old May 12th 2002, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. To answer some of your questions, I will be using the consulate in Chennai (Madras). It seems foolish that they won't allow spouses to be present for the interviews. I've been handling everything up to this point, and so my husband would be lost if they asked to see form I-485, etc. Also, I don't know how it is in other countries, but I think some consulates/embassies are more intimidating than others. If you're entering from Canada, then mostly you won't need an interview and it's a breeze; but if coming from places such as India, it's a bit more challenging.

I just hope that I can arrange everything that I need to give my husband for the interview and things go smoothly. If I have to leave him again to come back to the U.S., it will break my heart...

I think it is great for us to have forums such as this one, where we can support each other with information and kindness. I'll keep you updating once I get my 2nd NOA.

Thanks again,
Kim
Old May 13th 2002, 3:20 pm
Ashwini

Kim,

If you have any concerns, please feel free to email me. My husband just arrived last
week on a K3 visa from India. He also went to the Chennai Consulate.

For your reference, here is the timeline.. However, I do not have some of the dates
towards the end filled in because I have not updated this in a while.. but this
should be a good start. * = I do not have date handy at the moment.

01/17/2002 I-130 Mailed (Sent Priority mail)
01/18/2002 I-130 Received at SC
01/19/2002 I-130 Check Cashed
01/20/2002 I-130 1st Noa
01/21/2002 I-129F Mailed (Sent Express mail)
01/22/2002 I-129F Received at Chicago
01/23/2002 I-129F Check Cashed
01/24/2002 Approval Date on 1st NOA
01/25/2002 1st NOA (Notice of Action) Received
* Approval Date on 2nd NOA
* 2nd NOA (Notice of Approval) Received
01/26/2002 K3 Appointment Notice/Interview Date

Also, no you cannot accompany your husband to the Consulate when you are in India.
Good look to you. Where are you in the timeline now?

Thanks, Ashwini

Kimmini <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. To answer some of your questions, I
    > will be using the consulate in Chennai (Madras). It seems foolish that they won't
    > allow spouses to be present for the interviews. I've been handling everything up to
    > this point, and so my husband would be lost if they asked to see form I-485, etc.
    > Also, I don't know how it is in other countries, but I think some
    > consulates/embassies are more intimidating than others. If you're entering from
    > Canada, then mostly you won't need an interview and it's a breeze; but if coming
    > from places such as India, it's a bit more challenging.
    >
    > I just hope that I can arrange everything that I need to give my husband for the
    > interview and things go smoothly. If I have to leave him again to come back to the
    > U.S., it will break my heart...
    >
    > I think it is great for us to have forums such as this one, where we can support
    > each other with information and kindness. I'll keep you updating once I get my
    > 2nd NOA.
    >
    > Thanks again, Kim
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > http://www.ameriscot.com/i130
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 13th 2002, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

I received my 1st NOA around April 5, 2002. I guess it would be a minimum of another 30 days for me to expect the 2nd NOA.

Thanks for offering, and I do have a question for you. What types of things did they ask your husband at the consulate? And any specific documents they needed, i.e. emails, phone bills. And did he have to fill out a affadavit of support, or will they have him do that w/ his I-130?

Thanks!
Kim