Reload this Page >

K3, K4 & I-130 visas - help please

K3, K4 & I-130 visas - help please

Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

pushing tin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3, K4 & I-130 visas - help please

Hello,

I am a USC, but have been living in the UK for 20 years. I'm now planning to return to the US with my British husband and children. The children have "no claim" to citizenship as I do not meet the physical presence requirments. What I need to know is do I have to file K3 and K4 applications as well as the I-130? I'ts all mindblowing! Also, for most of my time in the UK I have not worked apart from the odd part-time job! What is the situation with US taxes? I've never filed any returns as I was just a child when I came to the UK and did not know I was expected to when I started work. I'm really looking forward to returning to my home town of Houston, Texas, but the paperwork all sems a bit daunting! I hope someone can help please!
Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

joonmoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi pushing tin, sorry can't help with the k3 and the k4s, but don't let all that paper work get you down, take it one step at a time, it will all come together, it always does, just do what dorothy did, close your eyes, click your heels together, and repeat "there's no place like home " and you'll be here in no time
Old Nov 15th 2003, 9:46 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K3, K4 & I-130 visas - help please

Originally posted by pushing tin
Hello,

I am a USC, but have been living in the UK for 20 years. I'm now planning to return to the US with my British husband and children. The children have "no claim" to citizenship as I do not meet the physical presence requirments. What I need to know is do I have to file K3 and K4 applications as well as the I-130? I'ts all mindblowing! Also, for most of my time in the UK I have not worked apart from the odd part-time job! What is the situation with US taxes? I've never filed any returns as I was just a child when I came to the UK and did not know I was expected to when I started work. I'm really looking forward to returning to my home town of Houston, Texas, but the paperwork all sems a bit daunting! I hope someone can help please!
You need to go the I-130 route. It isn't daunting at all, you will have to file for your husband and kids.

You can file your tax returns for the last 3 years anytime, there is no charge for filing late as you will owe no money as you are exempt.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/immrel.htm

If the profits from your house sale isn't enough you will have to find a co-sponsor for your family, otherwise it is easy peasy.

Patrick