British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   k3 and i-130 visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/k3-i-130-visa-111202/)

sarbpreet_812 Sep 10th 2002 4:06 am

k3 and i-130 visa

Hello,
I know it takes long time to process I-10 visa but its should not take more than 90 days to get k3 visa, and its over to 105 days to my k3 visa. My husband applied for my k3 visa on May 24, 2002 and still he is waiting for its approval from Nebraska regional center in USA. I know after he gets approval, it will take another one month to make my interview date and visa stuff in delhi embassy(India).Because when my husband will get approval after that Nebraska center will FAX my file to Delhi embassy but still we waiting for approval only,
My husband already met congressman of Seattle and he said they will find the status of my file in just 72 hours but still nothing is working and waiting for it.
So we don’t know what to do now,
My husband already made three trips to India after in just one year and its cost lots of money while making the trip. So now again he is coming in first week of October to see me so I want to get my visa before October so can it be possible sir,
I and my husband called to Nebraska center so many time. But computer machine replies and we are enable to find the status of the file. So can u provide me any number for Nebraska immigration center where I can talk to any person and get the status please.
Thanking you,
Sarbpreet

Sheryl Sep 10th 2002 2:09 pm

Re: k3 and i-130 visa

Hi Sarbpreet.

I understand exactly what you're going through. I have been waiting for I129f
approval for 153 days, and I130 approval for more than 163 days. Our NOA dates are
April 1st, and April 10th. My congressman is looking into the matter, but what I
fear is that I'll get an ambiguous answer back (e.g. since 9-11 they are checking
things more thoroughly).

This has been an excrutiating experience. We have learned that setting a timeframe,
or thinking that it HAS TO come through in a particular week, only leads to
disappointment. The process for some of us simply takes longer for no apparent
reason. When we went into this process, our worst fear was that my husband wouldn't
be here before July 4th. Now I wonder if I'll have to spend another Christmas alone
with my children. The situation is so sad for us, and also for our families. I am
longing for my husband, and all the wonderful things his presence brings me, and my
daughters are awaiting their loving step-father. It is a cruel process.

It sounds as though you and your husband are doing everything you can. I hope things
go through for you soon. From what I've read, it seems that once a congressional
inquiry is made, things move along more quickly.

Sheryl

Steve Hubbard Sep 10th 2002 5:07 pm

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we filed our I-130 in Apr of 2001...filed K-3
in Oct 2001...my wife just arrived here in the US yesterday...her K-3 was granted on
Aug 8, 2002...nothing quick is going to happen here and in my opinion it will just
get longer and longer because the system is overloaded...best wishes though...

sid Sep 10th 2002 5:49 pm

Hi Steve,
You mean it took 10 months for your K3 approval? Why did it take so long? Were there missing documents and stuff that delayed the approval? I know it takes months, but almost a whole year is way longer than the normal time.
I am waiting since April 30th,2002 for my K3 approval.

Originally posted by Steve Hubbard:
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we filed our I-130 in Apr of 2001...filed K-3
in Oct 2001...my wife just arrived here in the US yesterday...her K-3 was granted on
Aug 8, 2002...nothing quick is going to happen here and in my opinion it will just
get longer and longer because the system is overloaded...best wishes though...

CoffeeMate Sep 11th 2002 3:05 am

Originally posted by sarbpreet_812:
Hello,
My husband applied for my k3 visa on May 24, 2002 and still he is waiting for its approval from Nebraska regional center in USA.
Sarbpreet
I may be wrong, but maybe the problem lies in Nebraska. From what I understand, all K-3 I-129f's are sent to and processed through Missouri regardless of where one lives.

Mike Sep 11th 2002 1:00 pm

CoffeeMate <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by sarbpreet_812:
    > > Hello, My husband applied for my k3 visa on May 24, 2002 and still he is waiting
    > > for its approval from Nebraska regional center in USA. Sarbpreet
    > I may be wrong, but maybe the problem lies in Nebraska. From what I understand,
    > all K-3 I-129f's are sent to and processed through Missouri regardless of where
    > one lives.

1. hopefully u didnt send K3 to wrong center, only MSC processes K3s.
2. If ur hubby is only permanent resident it will take longer
3. Steves case was in admin review which made it take longer
4.Is the consulate there "Mumbai"? yikes!!!
5. Good luck and have lots of patience, u will eventually get visa Mike C NOA July
18th, yikes I gotta lonf wait!

Sheryl Sep 11th 2002 2:22 pm

> I may be wrong, but maybe the problem lies in Nebraska. From what I understand,
    > all K-3 I-129f's are sent to and processed through Missouri regardless of where
    > one lives.

I don't think the slowdown is exclusive to Nebraska. Our 130 is being processed in
Vermont, and we're at 165 days. All 129f's for K-3 are processed through the MSC.
The 130's are processed in the regional centers. The delay seems to be a case-by-case
thing. It also appears that Canadian and UK couples are being approved very quickly.

As for Steve and the 10 months for approval, the K-3 wasn't available until December
of 2001...I think. He must've filed the moment it was available, after waiting on
the 130 for a few months.

Sid - you're about three weeks behind us. Have you made a congressional inquiry to
see what the delay is? I should be hearing from my congressperson any day now.
You're the only April 129f case I've come across that is still waiting approval.

Sheryl

sid Sep 11th 2002 4:10 pm

Hi Sheryl,
My I-130 is going through VSC also. It's been 144 days for the I-130.
I have contacted my congressman regarding the K3. They are making the inquiry now. Have not heard anything yet.
What country is your husband from?

-Sid

Originally posted by Sheryl:
    > one lives.

I don't think the slowdown is exclusive to Nebraska. Our 130 is being processed in
Vermont, and we're at 165 days. All 129f's for K-3 are processed through the MSC.
The 130's are processed in the regional centers. The delay seems to be a case-by-case
thing. It also appears that Canadian and UK couples are being approved very quickly.

As for Steve and the 10 months for approval, the K-3 wasn't available until December
of 2001...I think. He must've filed the moment it was available, after waiting on
the 130 for a few months.

Sid - you're about three weeks behind us. Have you made a congressional inquiry to
see what the delay is? I should be hearing from my congressperson any day now.
You're the only April 129f case I've come across that is still waiting approval.

Sheryl

bba1vol Sep 12th 2002 2:42 am

my husband is in canada so it may be possible that our visa will be approved
faster.....i sure hope so i am so tired of this .....i miss my husband so bad i
want him here. any suggests for making the visa quicker..it will be 60 days the
15 of sept

Sheryl Sep 12th 2002 1:16 pm

> What country is your husband from?
    > -Sid

Hi Sid,

My husband is Israeli. I have a high-profile attorney on the case, and I can't help
but wonder if INS is putting us through the ringer based on skepticism or revenge.
Of course, at this point every scenario is playing out in my head.

It appears that most mid-east/Am couples are taking longer, but I've observed many
couples approved where one is from a non-allied nation in the mid-east. I also
wonder if our case was simply "lost" in the shuffle. Adjudication is clearly long
overdue. I am unaware of a MSC 129f case older than ours. If further information is
needed, I think I would have received notification already. Have you heard anything
from either center? I would like to get through to a live person at VSC, but the
line is perpetually busy during their business hours.

sheryl

sid Sep 12th 2002 3:59 pm

I have not tried to contact a live person at VSC. I do call regurarly to find my case status from the automated voice system. I know I-130 takes relatively longer than K3 so I am not too worried about it. But the K3 is killing me. There is no live assistance at Missouri. All I can do is find out my stutus. I really don't know what MSC is upto. I have seen several cases, with dates later than mine, getting approved.

Originally posted by Sheryl:
    > -Sid

Have you heard anything
from either center? I would like to get through to a live person at VSC, but the

sheryl

sarbpreet_812 Sep 13th 2002 3:01 am

My husband lives in US and here i am from india but its over to 115 days for my k3 and mora than one year and 9 months to my i-130 visa and still we waiting so i don't know how long it will take,
but hopefully we all will be meet our hubbys soon.

Originally posted by bba1vol:
my husband is in canada so it may be possible that our visa will be approved
faster.....i sure hope so i am so tired of this .....i miss my husband so bad i
want him here. any suggests for making the visa quicker..it will be 60 days the
15 of sept

Lily Sep 13th 2002 7:34 pm

Sheryl,
I just read that your husband is in Israel- as mine is.
And you have a great attorney. Is he helping you?

Our 129F NOA was only a month ago and I know we have a ways to go, but I'm jumping out of my skin trying to do anything I can to facilitate things...prepare for the interview, talk to lawyers, etc...

OH- and my husband had overstayed here in the US before he left the country and before we got married. He was never asked to leave, he had just overstayed.
Is there any insight you can give, your personal timeline info, lawyer contacts, or info, anything you'd like to share with an impatient american newlywed waiting for her israeli husband to come home?
thank you and good luck!!

QUOTE]Originally posted by Sheryl:
    > -Sid

Hi Sid,

My husband is Israeli. I have a high-profile attorney on the case, and I can't help
but wonder if INS is putting us through the ringer based on skepticism or revenge.
Of course, at this point every scenario is playing out in my head.

It appears that most mid-east/Am couples are taking longer, but I've observed many
couples approved where one is from a non-allied nation in the mid-east. I also
wonder if our case was simply "lost" in the shuffle. Adjudication is clearly long
overdue. I am unaware of a MSC 129f case older than ours. If further information is
needed, I think I would have received notification already. Have you heard anything

sheryl
[/QUOTE]

Paul E Sep 14th 2002 9:57 am

Cheryl,

Paul here from Texas. I thoroughly understand your and others' frustrations here when it comes to the K3 visa process. My first NOA from MSC was 5/24/02 and still no word other than the "automated person" that we've all heard so many times. The I-130's I filed for wife/daughter (living in U.K.) were filed at TSC back in April.

I'm a bit hesitant on the Congressional intervention thing as I've read posts that they'll look into it, but possibly place the file back to the bottom of the stack...who knows. We're trying to open a "provisional file" in the U.K. to get things started there in the hopes that when the approval from MSC comes, things will move a bit more quickly.

If we're successful with the "provisional file", I'll post it in the hopes that others may try the same thing as well at different posts throughout the world.

Best of luck to everyone, regardless of K1/K3, etc...guess we're part of the "system" but wish the "system" would get back on track!!!!

Paul E

mrsstrickland Sep 14th 2002 5:00 pm

hi, im from the UK and my husband is a USC we filed the I-130 at TSC 1st NOA 04/08/02 and was approved 08/18/02 but as for the K3 we found out via congressman that the 129f they want an RFI (we didnt send divorce papers, i misunderstood question 12) still havent received the RFI and message hasnt been changed on the telephone, my husband called the NVC who told him that the I-129f may not benefit us as the 130 is already in the system, but we were told previously that the 130 must stay at the NVC for 90days (some new procedure) his congressman has been very helpful for us as she feels partly responsible for our seperation as we went to speak to her regarding the visa issue before i came back to england for our honeymoon, (i was refused at POE on our return) but im still praying our K3 comes through quicker if MSC will just get their butts in gear and start things moving again.
good luck to you all