Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

k3 and I-130 visa

k3 and I-130 visa

Old Sep 8th 2002, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

sarbpreet_812 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k3 and I-130 visa

Thank You for providing me the necessary imformation, but my husband already met the congress person of seattle and still we waiting for approval letter from nabraska. Nabraska center didn't send the FAX or mail to Delhi Embassy yet, so i didn't got any type of documents from US Embassy in Delhi yet. Its already One year and five months to my I-130 visa and mora than three months to k3 visa. can u tell how long we have to wait because in december it will be two years to our marriage. I think Embassy should not take this long time.

Thanking you,
Sarbpreet.
Old Sep 8th 2002, 11:56 pm
Ready

Default Re: k3 and I-130 visa

OH MY GOD!!!! I feel so bad for you. I hope things speed up much more soon. This
system must change. And the K-3 "life act" or whatever was supposed to allow them to
enter quicker. Hey did you have your interview? Please give more details about this.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 2:40 am
Girard Bourque

Nebraska will send the package to the National Visa Center and they will send out
some paperwork. It will still be a few months before they send it to the consulate.
I can not answer for your consulate, but the consulate in Santo Domingo says they
have about 3 - 3.5 months of work on a 130. The interview will be about 4 months
after they receive the package. There is still a chance the K-3 will come through
prior to the consulate receiving the 130.

Jerry

Old Sep 9th 2002, 11:33 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sarbpreet_812:
Thank You for providing me the necessary imformation, but my husband already met the congress person of seattle and still we waiting for approval letter from nabraska. Nabraska center didn't send the FAX or mail to Delhi Embassy yet, so i didn't got any type of documents from US Embassy in Delhi yet. Its already One year and five months to my I-130 visa and mora than three months to k3 visa. can u tell how long we have to wait because in december it will be two years to our marriage. I think Embassy should not take this long time.

Thanking you,
Sarbpreet.
K3 process has REALLY slowed down and now they are saying that it can take up to 5 months for it to be processed. Then of course it still has to go to the Embassy/Consulate in the spouse's country and that can take awhile.
Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:37 pm
sid
Forum Regular

sid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi cindyabs,
Just curious -where did you find out that K3 is taking upto 5 months?
Originally posted by cindyabs:

K3 process has REALLY slowed down and now they are saying that it can take up to 5 months for it to be processed. Then of course it still has to go to the Embassy/Consulate in the spouse's country and that can take awhile.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 2:13 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sid:
Hi cindyabs,
Just curious -where did you find out that K3 is taking upto 5 months?
On a website for an attorney who oftens replies to another immigration board.