Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K3 approval!!!!!

K3 approval!!!!!

Old Jun 6th 2002, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Kimmini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 approval!!!!!

Hi everyone, just wanted to share that I heard the message I have been longing to hear from MSC--that my husband's K3 visa has been approved.

I just hope there will be employees left at the consulate in India now to process the visa!

Kim
Old Jun 7th 2002, 10:20 am
Richard Sun

Default Re: K3 approval!!!!!

That's great news!

What is your time line?

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old Jun 7th 2002, 11:20 pm
Donna

Congratulations.... I'm jealous! I checked the MSC TWICE today and still no approval.
Actually.... I'm getting kind of pissed that a petition filed after mine has been
approved and I have no idea what's going on with mine. But I don't want to take away
from your happiness...... again.... congrats!

Donna

ini <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi everyone, just wanted to share that I heard the message I have been longing to
    > hear from MSC--that my husband's K3 visa has been approved.
    >
    > I just hope there will be employees left at the consulate in India now to process
    > the visa!
    >
    > Kim

Old Jun 8th 2002, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Kimmini is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Donna,

Believe me, I can understand your feelings. I've been happy and jealous while watching others share good news on this site. But I think it is possible, as others have stated, that your petition has been approved without them updating the message you hear when you call MSC. That is why I would urge you to contact your state congressman to have him find out the status of your application. My congressman called me back about an hour later with the status of mine, after I had called asking for his assistance. Best of luck to you, and I hope you get your approval soon.

And for Richard, here is my timeline:

I-130 1st NOA 02/27/02
I-129F 1st NOA 04/04/02
I-129F 2nd NOA--06/06/02?? Not sure of the exact approval date, but this is the date they had updated the phone message to being approved.
Old Jun 9th 2002, 5:20 pm
Bc

Actually, you all should be happy that the K3 process is this fast. I had gotten my
wife 1st NOA for K3 around Dec 14 2001 and the 2nd NOA at Jan 24, 2002. Which is a
little then a month. People are getting their 2nd NOA within 2 months. Which is still
not that back. I know the separation is though but just think in the last 6 months it
has added only 1 month. Think about 1 year from now .... probably 6 months for the
2nd NOA with the new security clearance.

Also the really delay comes in with the consulates. Some process it fast other are
very slow.

My 2 cents.

Kimmini <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Donna,
    >
    > Believe me, I can understand your feelings. I've been happy and jealous while
    > watching others share good news on this site. But I think it is possible, as
    > others have stated, that your petition has been approved without them updating the
    > message you hear when you call MSC. That is why I would urge you to contact your
    > state congressman to have him find out the status of your application. My
    > congressman called me back about an hour later with the status of mine, after I
    > had called asking for his assistance. Best of luck to you, and I hope you get your
    > approval soon.
    >
    > And for Richard, here is my timeline:
    >
    > I-130 1st NOA 02/27/02 I-129F 1st NOA 04/04/02 I-129F 2nd NOA--06/06/02?? Not sure
    > of the exact approval date, but this is the date they had updated the phone message
    > to being approved.