Reload this Page >

K3 - AOS filed, haven't received a reply

K3 - AOS filed, haven't received a reply

Old Sep 4th 2002, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

khabibiuf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K3 - AOS filed, haven't received a reply

Hi all,

My wife is on a K3 visa and applied for Adjustment of Status in Greer, SC. She applied in the middle of May. She hasn't received a notice of action in the mail yet even though the check has been cashed. How long does it take for the first NOA to show up? Is this a normail wait time?

Also... her K3 visa expres November 2003. I'm afraid that the visa will expire before she gets her AOS approval. What is the procedure for getting an extension on the visa? How long does it take?

Thanks,

- Khabibiuf
Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:33 pm
Mdudall

Default Re: K3 - AOS filed, haven't received a reply

For the last AOS I filed in Greer, it took 7 days from the date on the INS cash
register receipt (you don't get a big full paged notice of action like the one
issued by a Service Center for an I-129f submission) until that receipt arrived at
my office.

It took around 14 months for the interview, and the international spouse did receive
her CLPR status.

Good luck.

Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney

Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by khabibiuf:
Hi all,

My wife is on a K3 visa and applied for Adjustment of Status in Greer, SC. She applied in the middle of May. She hasn't received a notice of action in the mail yet even though the check has been cashed. How long does it take for the first NOA to show up? Is this a normail wait time?

Also... her K3 visa expres November 2003. I'm afraid that the visa will expire before she gets her AOS approval. What is the procedure for getting an extension on the visa? How long does it take?

Thanks,

- Khabibiuf
There is no NOA for filing of the AOS unless you were to use the service center, such as filers in Baltimore, MD have to do. Normally local INS offices only give you a cash register receipt and on the one occasion one or two might send out a receipt type letter re filing.

There is no worry about the K-3 expiring and your wife not having adjusted before its expiration. The act of filing has changed her category to "pending adjustment" and she is in status as soon as the checks were cashed by INS.

I thought the K-3 was good for three years or is that only that they must file for adjustment within three years.

Rete
Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks,

- Khabibiuf
There is no NOA for the AOS filing, if you applied in person you will have received a cash register receipt.
We filed January 18th and heard nothing from them until one week before our interview which was June 11.
The office and staff are very accomodating and the interview was relaxed and easy.

Best wishes,
Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:55 pm
News.Rcn.Com

Call the 800 number, and how long did it take your wife to get there?

"khabibiuf" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    > My wife is on a K3 visa and applied for Adjustment of Status in Greer, SC. She
    > applied in the middle of May. She hasn't received a notice of action in the mail
    > yet even though the check has been cashed. How long does it take for the first NOA
    > to show up? Is this a normail wait time?
    > Also... her K3 visa expres November 2003. I'm afraid that the visa will expire
    > before she gets her AOS approval. What is the procedure for getting an extension
    > on the visa? How long does it take?
    > Thanks,
    > - Khabibiuf
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 4th 2002, 5:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by News.Rcn.Com:
Call the 800 number, and how long did it take your wife to get there?
The 1-800 will not provide status information to persons awaiting petition approval at either the local INS or service center levels. That is not their function.

Their main function is, and they do this well, to give erroneous and misleading information to all callers. They also excel in the use of imagination by concocting interesting and amusing stories in response to serious questions.

Rete
Old Sep 5th 2002, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

khabibiuf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tara:

There is no NOA for the AOS filing, if you applied in person you will have received a cash register receipt.
We filed January 18th and heard nothing from them until one week before our interview which was June 11.
The office and staff are very accomodating and the interview was relaxed and easy.

Best wishes,
Hi Tara,

Did you receive a letter from them saying that the interview was coming up? Or did they call you?

It seems like 1 week notice is very short notice. Did you schedule the interview? Or did they assign you a preassigned date/time?

Thanks,

- Khabibiuf
Old Sep 5th 2002, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tara,

Did you receive a letter from them saying that the interview was coming up? Or did they call you?

It seems like 1 week notice is very short notice. Did you schedule the interview? Or did they assign you a preassigned date/time?

Thanks,

- Khabibiuf
Hi Khabifuf,

i am sorry i under quoted the time between the letter and the interview, it should have read one month, not one week. We received a letter dated 05/02/2002 telling us that we had an appointment on 06/11/2002 and they gave a time for the interview. They got us in exactly on time.

The letter tells you the interview will be videotaped and it outlines what you should bring. It says to bring all items on the attached sheet. To bring all originals and one copy of all appropriate documents.
This is the list:
*The appoointment letter, beneficiary's passport, I-94, Photo ID for the Petitioner
*BC for both
*Marriage certificate
*Any divorce decrees for both
*Naturalizations certificate (if appropriate)
*I-864 Affadavid of support (if not previously submitted signed and notarized)~~~We supplied one when we filed in January and this was accepted, they did not require another one
*Federal tax returns 105's and W'2's for the last three years (copies are needed for EACH applicant)
*Medical (if not previously submitted)~~~We had his vaccination supplement that he brought with him from India and they did not require anything else from us
*Bank letter (Letter must state names on the account, date account was opened, and current balances on the account{original letter}) ~~~ They did ask for this and it should be a current summary.
*BC for all children born to this marriage
*Mortgage/lease agreement (copies are acceptable) ~~~We have a paid mortgage and it is still only in my name and they did not make a fuss about this
*Insurance records to show each other as beneficiaries (copies are acceptable)~~~we did not have this, again they did not mind
*Current letter of employment for both petiitioner and beneficiary (original letter) ~~~ We had this and they took them.
*Passports. All documents showing entry into the USAd like to give to show we are a couple. Since we do not have a joint mortgage or insurance, we offered the evidence of two credit cards we hold together and he accepted that.

You can read our AOS experience (including directions to the Greer office) at
http://www.skyweb.net/~rlls/interview/aosint_3.html#SC
It is under my husband's name~~Debabrata.
Best wishes,