British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   K3 -- almost there! what now? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/k3-almost-there-what-now-111905/)

cbernard Sep 27th 2002 7:12 pm

K3 -- almost there! what now?

My wife called me yesterday and said "I have a surprise." She got the forms from the Bangkok consulate in the mail. She'll be going by the office that's been helping us verify translations on monday.

Is the K3 info on the doc steen site still pretty valid? i know it's just there as advice and appreciate it greatly, but just curious.

So, in

February: Sent I-130, got notice 2 weeks later with a riduculous processing time that basically says "Don't even think about getting this soon"

May: sent I-129F. one week later got a notice saying 60-180 day processing time

(note: the time between february and may was dealing with my wife and a case of identity theft. all was taken care of and resolved)

August 28: Received notice of approval from MSC

September, 1st week: Received notice from the state/travel dept that it's being forwarded to bangkok.

Sept 28: Wife receives forms.

What do i need to do now? has anything changed? can i make an appt for the interview? I already have a plane ticket for Oct 19 to visit for our one-year anniversary, and i was expecting to rescedule. wondering if i can still make it out by then. I'm going crazy.

:)

thanks!

-Court

bba1vol Sep 28th 2002 1:41 am

Re: K3 -- almost there! what now?

what are the dates for the 129
we filed ours in july of this year......thanks

cbernard Oct 12th 2002 12:04 am

Originally posted by bba1vol:
what are the dates for the 129
we filed ours in july of this year......thanks

filed I129 to MSC in may. got NOA about 1 month ago. Have interview Oct 21.

osaeed Oct 13th 2002 3:27 pm

Court,

If you follow the advice on doc steen's site, you will be in good shape. My wife had a successful K3 interview in Islamabad last month, we followed the advice on doc steen's site and were generally overprepared (not a bad thing).

The process was very simple. After she arrived at the consulate, the officers took her docs for review and asked her to wait in the lounge. The reviewed the following docs:
1. marriage cert
2. birth cert
3. passport
4. I-134 (required by Islamabad but not a technical requirement for K3)
5. Visa applciation

Next, an officer collected the money and asked her to wait some more.

Finally, the interview and the oath. The interview was simple, they asked only 3 questions
1. when we were married
2. where I live
3. how long I have lived there

They did not review any evidence supporting our relationship (emails, phone bills, etc).

They told my wife she passed, she picked up her passport with the visa in the afternoon.

Good luck!

omer

Originally posted by cbernard:

Is the K3 info on the doc steen site still pretty valid? i know it's just there as advice and appreciate it greatly, but just curious.

-Court

kindia Oct 13th 2002 3:34 pm

Originally posted by osaeed:
Court,

If you follow the advice on doc steen's site, you will be in good shape. My wife had a successful K3 interview in Islamabad last month, we followed the advice on doc steen's site and were generally overprepared (not a bad thing).

The process was very simple. After she arrived at the consulate, the officers took her docs for review and asked her to wait in the lounge. The reviewed the following docs:
1. marriage cert
2. birth cert
3. passport
5. Visa applciation

Finally, the interview and the oath. The interview was simple, they asked only 3 questions
1. when we were married
2. where I live

They did not review any evidence supporting our relationship (emails, phone bills, etc).

They told my wife she passed, she picked up her passport with the visa in the afternoon.

Good luck!

omer

When i applied for my wife's k-3 at Missouir I was living at my old adresses and I have moved to another house do you think I have to let the INS no about the change of adresses will this cause any more delays for the approval from Missouir center.

regards
Kindia

cbernard Oct 15th 2002 3:16 pm

great, thanks very much. I leave this saturday. Hopefully my head won't fall off before then!

-Court

Originally posted by osaeed:
Court,

1. marriage cert
2. birth cert
3. passport
5. Visa applciation

1. when we were married
2. where I live

Good luck!

omer