British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   k1 visa valid for 90 days or 60 days? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/k1-visa-valid-90-days-60-days-111188/)

shali Sep 9th 2002 8:19 pm

k1 visa valid for 90 days or 60 days?

I am confused about the I-94 stamp. My fiance has arrived on aug 20th on K1 visa and at POE he got a stamp saying "Valid until Oct 20". Just a day back we have realized that his k1 is valid only for 60 days(aug 20- oct 20). I am not sure if its the immigration officer's fault or its the normal process. Once the fiance enters the United states K1 visa is valid for 90 days but not in our case. My questions are.
1. we r getting married on sept 21st. what do we do in case we don't get our marriage certificate by oct 19?
2. Is there a way we can change the stamping on I-94 to reflect the 90 day validity of the visa?.

Rete Sep 9th 2002 10:46 pm

Re: k1 visa valid for 90 days or 60 days?

Originally posted by shali:
I am confused about the I-94 stamp. My fiance has arrived on aug 20th on K1 visa and at POE he got a stamp saying "Valid until Oct 20". Just a day back we have realized that his k1 is valid only for 60 days(aug 20- oct 20). I am not sure if its the immigration officer's fault or its the normal process. Once the fiance enters the United states K1 visa is valid for 90 days but not in our case. My questions are.
1. we r getting married on sept 21st. what do we do in case we don't get our marriage certificate by oct 19?
2. Is there a way we can change the stamping on I-94 to reflect the 90 day validity of the visa?.
The agent made a mistake. The crux is that you marry within the 90 days of entry. You will be married on the 31st day of entry so you are fine. You can file for AOS at any time after that.

Rete

Lahari Sep 11th 2002 9:12 pm

Re: k1 visa valid for 90 days or 60 days?

Hi Shali !

I am Lahari. I am very happy for yu that yu are getting married on Sep 21st. Advance Congratualations !
I have a problem , Shali. I thought you would be kind enough to help me out. My fiance lives in India. I live in New Jersey. we have know each other since 4 years. I lived in India for a couple of years and we went to school.
But, the name in my documents in India is different from my name in my birth certificate. so, i would not like to submit those documents like our marks statements, etc...because i think it might confuse them even more.
i have decided to produce forms of evidence which have the name as in my birth certificate.
Could you also please indicate list of possible evidences we should produce to show that we have personally met within the last two years and to establish our mutual intent to marry within the stipulated 90 day period upon his arrival in the U.S.
i am now online and would like to chat with you.
Hoping for a reply .....
thank you !

[
QUOTE]Originally posted by shali:
2. Is there a way we can change the stamping on I-94 to reflect the 90 day validity of the visa?. [/QUOTE]

Lahari Sep 11th 2002 9:39 pm

K-1 Visa Petition

Hi Everybody !
How are you doing?Could anybody help me Please?
My fiance lives in India. I live in New Jersey. we have know each other since 4 years. I lived in India for a couple of years and we went to school.
But, the name in my documents in India is different from my name in my birth certificate. so, i would not like to submit those documents like our marks statements, etc...because i think it might confuse them even more.
i have decided to produce forms of evidence which have the name as in my birth certificate. But I dont have any. I have our pictures and couple of other things.
Could you also please indicate list of possible evidences we should produce to show that we have personally met within the last two years and to establish our mutual intent to marry within the stipulated 90 day period upon his arrival in the U.S.

Hoping for a reply .....
thank you !
:confused: