British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   K1 Visa. UK Police checks, Scotland in particular (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/k1-visa-uk-police-checks-scotland-particular-111342/)

dazeychain Sep 13th 2002 9:52 am

K1 Visa. UK Police checks, Scotland in particular

Hi all,

I was wondering if any other Scottish posters (or anyone who knows really!) can help here. I have lived in Dumfries & Galloway and Lothian and Borders, so I applied to both forces for police checks. I paid £10 each and I ticked both boxes for information required. Is this right? Or is there a single doument that covers all Scottish forces? This is for my K1 Visa interview.

Thanks,

D.

robmcintosh Sep 13th 2002 3:32 pm

Re: K1 Visa. UK Police checks, Scotland in particular

dazeychain ,
I can only go by my experience in England earlier this year, I applied to Derbyshire Police. Thats where I was living although I had also lived in Birmingham (West Mids Police).
They forward all requests to Scotland Yard in London from where I got the reply.
I know Scotland is different in quite a few things but would assume that either all UK records are held in London or there would be one central Scottish location !!
I did also ring Derbyshire police, who have a Data Protection section, and they were very helpful. You could try that (Dumfries & Galloway and/or Lothian and Borders) and they should be able tell you !
Rob.

dazeychain Sep 13th 2002 3:37 pm

Originally posted by robmcintosh:
dazeychain ,
I can only go by my experience in England earlier this year, I applied to Derbyshire Police. Thats where I was living although I had also lived in Birmingham (West Mids Police).
They forward all requests to Scotland Yard in London from where I got the reply.
I know Scotland is different in quite a few things but would assume that either all UK records are held in London or there would be one central Scottish location !!
I did also ring Derbyshire police, who have a Data Protection section, and they were very helpful. You could try that (Dumfries & Galloway and/or Lothian and Borders) and they should be able tell you !
Rob.
Thanks for that, I supose at this stage I just get worried about EVERYTHING! I have had replies back from both forces, and London, so maybe they duplicate the search in Scotland? Or possibly that was because I ticked both boxes on the form.

Anyway, thanks :)

robmcintosh Sep 13th 2002 4:36 pm

I understand, I've been there,
Dont worry too much (if that helps),
It's all alot easier than you think at the time !!!!
Just take all the replies along for the interview,
Good luck ...
Rob.