Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K1 visa and refused entry

K1 visa and refused entry

Old Apr 8th 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down K1 visa and refused entry

My fiancée has just been told by the INS

"since we have this petition pending, they may not let you in the country till application is completed ."

Is this true ? Has anyone else suffered this ? I am due to visit her in May, and had brought my ticket prior to the application going in. Any advice greatly appreciated, seems like I have £ 274.30's worth of air fare and no damn holiday to enjoy.

Ever so slightly annoyed.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 4:51 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 visa and refused entry

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
My fiancée has just been told by the INS

"since we have this petition pending, they may not let you in the country till application is completed ."

Is this true ? Has anyone else suffered this ? I am due to visit her in May, and had brought my ticket prior to the application going in. Any advice greatly appreciated, seems like I have £ 274.30's worth of air fare and no damn holiday to enjoy.

Ever so slightly annoyed.

Thats true anytime you fly to the US, they are under no obligation to let you in but you are not banned from travelling if you have a visa application in. Just make sure you take lots of evidence that you intend to return home, letter from employer saying you still work there, mortgage statement and all that kind of crap - anything that shows your intention is not to stay once you arrive in the US.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Make that a I 129F filed. What would happen if we asked to cancle this I 129 F application, I had my holiday, then we applied again ? Would they let me in, and how would it affect any re-application ?

Also, anyone thinking of ringing the London embassy for advice...£ 1.30 is a lot to pay per minute for advice that is frankly no use at all.

Seems ironic that you could go to Las Vegas marry the first person who smiles at you, yrt, if you do things legally you seem to have clauses that prohibit you. Rules eh ? Ah well, I hope this hassle for me serves to warn at least one other person to the possible dangers.