k1 Visa Questions

k1 Visa Questions

Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Lebanese_Forces is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k1 Visa Questions

hey guys... some questions that i need clarified

Im a lebanese citizen... my fiancee is an American citizen

we've been engaged since the 5th of December 2005... we have pictures and a video of our engagement and pictures of us together during New Years, Christmas my birthday...etc... no phonebills...no letters... its almost a year now...and weve been together ever since... we haven't lived together... religious matters

she has decided to move back to the US, me with her, around June or July for good... to continue her/and my studies, she told me about the fiancee visa... and ive decided it could be a helpful step since we have around 8 months from now till its issued hopefully... and we know we have to be married within the 90 days of entering the U.S.

what i need to ask is... are there any immigration agents or lawyers who can help us with this process... do it for us... since we are preoccupied with school and work... in Beirut, Lebanon who you guys would know of...and if not... we will try our best to do it ourselves... hopefully it wont be hard and time consuming.

we have the I-i29 form... didnt fill out yet... hopefully next month if all documents are with us

She has the US passport
Photos with her name in the back
Pictures of our engagement... and hangouts
Engagement rings... mine and hers
if she was to sponsor me... whats the sufficient amount?

what else do i need? which is required? before submitting the form... so we dont go into trouble

are there any other forms to fill out besides the I-i29 form... sorry if i lack knowledge about this... just didnt read much into it... and i would gladly answer any questions if asked... and thank you so much in advance... waiting for your reply

Leb_Force

Last edited by Rete; Oct 7th 2006 at 1:46 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:17 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k1 Visa Questions

Originally Posted by Lebanese_Forces

we've been engaged since the 5th of December 2005... we have pictures and a video of our engagement and pictures of us together during New Years, Christmas my birthday...etc... no phonebills...no letters... its almost a year now...and weve been together ever since... we haven't lived together... religious matters

she has decided to move back to the US, me with her, around June or July for good... to continue her/and my studies, she told me about the fiancee visa... and ive decided it could be a helpful step since we have around 8 months from now till its issued hopefully... and we know we have to be married within the 90 days of entering the U.S.

what i need to ask is... are there any immigration agents or lawyers who can help us with this process... do it for us... since we are preoccupied with school and work... in Beirut, Lebanon who you guys would know of...and if not... we will try our best to do it ourselves... hopefully it wont be hard and time consuming.

we have the I-i29 form... didnt fill out yet... hopefully next month if all documents are with us

She has the US passport

what else do i need? which is required? before submitting the form... so we dont go into trouble

are there any other forms to fill out besides the I-i29 form... sorry if i lack knowledge about this... just didnt read much into it... and i would gladly answer any questions if asked... and thank you so much in advance... waiting for your reply

Leb_Force
Hopefully the following will answer some of your questions, but do come back with further questions. And good luck!

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/fiance.htm

and this:

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.co...countries.html

Last edited by Rete; Oct 7th 2006 at 1:44 pm. Reason: Please do not use the bold feature for the entire post ... only for word(s) that you want to emphasis
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The U.S. Embassy in Beirut performs all immigrant visa services. U.S. immigration law provides for the issuance of immigrant visas in four general categories: Immediate relatives, family based, employment based and Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. In addition to the four general categories, we also provide these services: issuance of immigrant and fiancé visas, determination regarding returning resident status and the issuance of transportation letters for lost or misplaced green cards.

For specific information regarding immigrant visa services, please call any Wednesday (04-542600) between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 pm, send a fax (04-543498), or send an e-mail to: [email protected]. Replies will be sent within 3 working days.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Lebanese_Forces is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys... i saved everything and i was reading through them now... but i found those requirements for a fiancee visa on another site... and ive a question... #4 states... that the US citizen should meet certain minimum income requirements... is this true? and if so... do you have a clue as to how much we/she should have as an income... since were both students...and according to the wage were paid here its so low?

What are the requirements for a fiancee visa?

1. You must be a U.S. citizen.
2. You have met your fiancee in person within the previous two years.*
3. Both you and your fiancee are legally free to marry.
4. You meet certain minimum income requirements.*
5. Your fiancee does not have a criminal record.
6. Your fiancee has not violated certain U.S. immigration laws

Thanks again

Last edited by Rete; Oct 7th 2006 at 1:46 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you ask marriage related questions in the appropriate forum which would be the US Marriage-Based forum further down the page.

Also do not use bold for an entire post. It is rude.

Rete

She has the US passport

Leb_Force
Old Oct 7th 2006, 1:58 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys... i saved everything and i was reading through them now... but i found those requirements for a fiancee visa on another site... and ive a question... #4 states... that the US citizen should meet certain minimum income requirements... is this true? and if so... do you have a clue as to how much we/she should have as an income... since were both students...and according to the wage were paid here its so low?

Thanks again
If your fiancee does not meet the income requirements, she will have to find a co-sponsor.

But, as Rete says, better to post in the Marriage Based US Immigration forum