K1 Visa

Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:45 pm
sbrobinson

Default K1 Visa

Hi Guys,

I understand that this topic has probably been discussed countless times.

I have my K1 visa interview on March 8th at 8am.

What happens at the interview. I just wanted a quick heads up before I go.

Do I go straight to the Embassy or to the Doctors for the Medical first???

Hope somebody can help

Thanks in advance

Simon Robinson

Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:17 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa

Originally posted by sbrobinson
Hi Guys,

Hope somebody can help

Thanks in advance

Simon Robinson
You letter should tell you where to report to first.
When you go into the embassy you will give your documents to one of the clerks (usually an Englishman) and then pay the fee.
Take a book because it is a looong wait.
You will be called up to another window and have a chat with the Notary Public (American) who will do some small talk and maybe ask a couple of questions.
Age is getting the better of me and I can't remember if they stamp (if approved) there and then or after you've been to the Doctor. If you have seen the Doc first then it will be there and then. Somebody will clarify.

Good luck and don't get stressed !
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

What does your letter say? My fiance just had his K1 interview last week. He went to the medical first at 8am. Then reported to the Embassy. Take the interview letter with you, as that is your pass into the Embassy. Also, you should pay for the visa before the interview. Look for the payslip that came in your Packet 4 from the Embassy. You don't absolutely have to pay it before, but it's quicker/easier I believe.

One more point, they are changing how they give out the visas after March 1. You'll be told if you are approved or not, but they keep your passport that day, put the visa inside it, then will send it to you the following day. From what I understand, this change will also incur an £10 fee. So you better bring alternative ID if you will be traveling cuz you won't be able to use your passport to get on a flight home (if you have to fly).

My fiance actually didn't have to wait long at all, but others have, so a book would probably be a good idea.

Good Luck!

Hi Guys,

Hope somebody can help

Thanks in advance

Simon Robinson
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:18 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Hope somebody can help

Thanks in advance

Simon Robinson
You'll find answers and more at the British Expats forum named "US Marriage Based Visas". That's more appropriate for your question.