Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K1 Vermont/London Interview Date!

K1 Vermont/London Interview Date!

Old Oct 1st 2002, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice
Default K1 Vermont/London Interview Date!

Well, the day has arrived! My interview in London is at 8am next Friday 11th October. I cannot believe how quick this process has been.

Thank you everyone again for your help and all those reference postings that have been so valuable.

I do however have another question

Re the photocopies that are required can I just use a normal photocopier or do I need notarised/officially certified photocopies for my consular interview?

HERE IS OUR TIMELINE SO FAR !
(MW=UKC CB=USC)

1/7/02 CB phoned for K1 Visa Pack (arrived 11 days later in Connecticut)
5/7/02 MW phoned US Embassy (09061 500 590) for K1 Visa Pack and told to write with SAE A4 to US Embassy, INS Department, PO Box 2444, London W1A 5WT
11/7/02 MW posted K1 visa request, fill out G325a when it arrives
14/7/02 CB e-mailed & phoned MW to say what I have to obtain /fill out for his I29f petition
16/7/02 MW went to photographers to get ADIT style photos x8 (£20) Told will take 10-14 days
15/7/02 MW phoned Police Station, Cleveland, UK to get Certificate, sending to MW, MW to fill in.
18/7/02 Police Certificate arrived
19/7/02 MW posted Police Certificate at 3.30pm. It included £10 fee, cover letter marked urgent, Birth Certificate, Adoption Certificate, Driving License (Card & Paper Copy), Direct Debit with date and home address. Addresses listed.MW phoned Dr for medical record (Is it up to date?)
20/7/02 MW receives USA Embassy form for G325a Biographic Data
22/7/02 MW received receipt from Police stating I should get the info from New Scotland Yard by the 29th of July and to contact local police if this is not the case
22/7/02 MW fills out G325: addresses etc
22/7/02 MW sends SAE to US Embassy in London for forms IV15, DS-230 (pages 1&2), DS-156 and supplement to begin administrative processing of visa application whilst petition is going through
23/7/02 MW receives medical history
24/7/02 MW receives IV15, DS-230 (p.1&2), DS-156 & supplement
29/7/02 MW rings police station as police New Scotland Yard not given me police certificate by today. Middlesborough faxing them to put one in post tonight ?? Check on Wednesday.
29/7/02 MW rang Dr Surgery who do not have my complete notes with listed injections. Website says the medical examiner can test for vaccinations needed on the day of the interview.
6/8/02 MW receives ADIT photos
7/8/02 MW posts I29F documentation to CB 12/8/02
MW phones police station to check status – re-reminder
13/8/02 CB receives my I-129f package and sends it recorded delivery to Vermont
16/8/02 CB sends off I29f recorded delivery
17/8/02 MW receives Police Certificate
19/8/02 MW posts provisional file - administrative paperwork to U.S Embassy in London – DS-156, DS-156k, DS230 part1.
19/8/02 CB receives Notice of Action from Vermont!! Receipt Notice Date August 21st. Receipt notice of $110. 10-21 days to process. Tel: 001 802 527 4913
3/9/02 MW rings U.S London Embassy, speaks to Operator to ask if was ok to fill out and send DS-156, DS-156k, DS230 (part 1&2) before I got Case Number or NOA 1or NOA 2. Told it’s fine and to wait.
6/9/02 Vermont answer phone says 15-21 days to process I-129f now
12/9/02 I-129f Petition approved!!! (15 days) Approval Notice mailed.
18/9/02 CB receives NOA 2 in the post. Approval notice valid from 12th September 02 – 12th January 03 and Vermont cabled London and MW to hear from London Consulate and deal through them.
24/9/02 MW emails London Embassy re K1 provisional file ie. Is it ok?
25/9/02 London Embassy emails back!
“We have received your completed forms and opened a provisional file in your name with case #... Further action is awaiting receipt of the approved petition.If your fiancé has received the approval notice, form I-797, and you send us the original (not a copy) we can process you for an interview on the basis of this. The cabled information from the Service Center is not sufficient�
25/9/02 London Embassy emails again!
“We have today received the approved petition. There is no longer any need to send us the I-797. We hope this is responsive to your enquiry. We will notify you shortly by mail of an interview appointment.�
1/10/02 MW receives notification of interview date on Friday 11th October 2002 at 8am!!!!!

Thanks once again,

Marguerite
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 12:48 am
L D Jones

Default Re: K1 Vermont/London Interview Date!

Margueriteuk wrote:
    > Well, the day has arrived! My interview in London is at 8am next Friday
    > 11th October. I cannot believe how quick this process has been.
    > Thank you everyone again for your help and all those reference postings
    > that have been so valuable.
    > I do however have another question
    > Re the photocopies that are required can I just use a normal photocopier
    > or do I need notarised/officially certified photocopies for my consular
    > interview?

Normal photocopies are fine

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 10:00 am
Scarlett

congratulations!!! on being invited for your interview - do you have a timline
you could share with those of us still waiting.

thanks
-=-
scarlett

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice

Originally posted by Scarlett:
congratulations!!! on being invited for your interview - do you have a timline
you could share with those of us still waiting.

thanks
-=-
scarlett
Hi, my timeline is mentioned in the same string. Cheers!

Marguerite
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

kpnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Margueriteuk:

Hi, my timeline is mentioned in the same string. Cheers!

Marguerite
Congratulations...I had my interview in London exactly a week ago and I know its easy to say, but don't worry about it, it's quite straight forward, it's just all the waiting around that makes you feel nervous, and in answer to your question, normal photocopies are fine as long as you have the originals of all your documents

Kev
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kpnuts:

Congratulations...I had my interview in London exactly a week ago and I know its easy to say, but don't worry about it, it's quite straight forward, it's just all the waiting around that makes you feel nervous, and in answer to your question, normal photocopies are fine as long as you have the originals of all your documents

Kev
Thanks Kev. I have to take a DS156 with me etc I think. Did you need any injections on the day? How long does it take to walk from Dr Phelan's office to the Embassy?

Marguerite
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Kev. I have to take a DS156 with me etc I think. Did you need any injections on the day? How long does it take to walk from Dr Phelan's office to the Embassy?

Marguerite
Hi Marguerite
If you didn't send the 156 in with your packet 3 , then take it with you...I sent mine in with the other forms...as for injections, I had to have 2...the MMR jab and tetanus and adult diptheria jab,allfor the bargain price of £55...lol, and that is all the jabs you require...I never had any madical records with me....and the embassy is no more than 15 minutes walk away from the doctors...GOOD LUCK!!!

Kev
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 9:29 pm
Scarlett

.>Originally posted by Scarlett: >> Congratulations!!! on being invited for
your interview - do you have a timline you could share with those of us still
waiting.
    >Hi, my timeline is mentioned in the same string. Cheers!

my newsreader doesn't show me messages in strings - i only get to see
individual messages one after another and not necessarily related to each
other, just in the order they're posted.

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 10:19 pm
Scarlett

>I had my interview in London exactly a week ago and I
    >know its easy to say, but don't worry about it, it's quite straight
    >forward

congratulations, kev. how long after filing your packet 3 did you get the
interview date?

waiting for packet 4
-=-
scarlett

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 10:21 pm
Scarlett

>I had to
    >have 2...the MMR jab and tetanus and adult diptheria jab,allfor the
    >bargain price of £55...lol, and that is all the jabs you require...I

on the embassy website it talks about flu jabs and varicella and what-all - are
those not needed even when you come to file AOS? seems like most people only
talk about getting the tet/dipth and mmr but the paperwork seems to ask for
more. i'm putting myself and my daughters through a gruelling series of
vaccinations - is this unnecessary?

thanks for any relies
-=-
scarlett

Old Oct 3rd 2002, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Hi Marguerite
If you didn't send the 156 in with your packet 3 , then take it with you...I sent mine in with the other forms...as for injections, I had to have 2...the MMR jab and tetanus and adult diptheria jab,allfor the bargain price of £55...lol, and that is all the jabs you require...I never had any madical records with me....and the embassy is no more than 15 minutes walk away from the doctors...GOOD LUCK!!!

Kev
Hi Kev. Thanks again. I did post the DS 156 but not with a passprt photo so that's why I thought I needed another...
Cheers, Marguerite
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi Kev. Thanks again. I did post the DS 156 but not with a passprt photo so that's why I thought I needed another...
Cheers, Marguerite
Hi Marguerite

Iposted my packet 4 on the 10th August and they replied on the 8th September with an interview date on the 26th Sept
As for the DS156 and photos, just take 3 photos as asked for on the checklist and they will attatch them to the forms at the interview

Kev
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi Marguerite

Iposted my packet 4 on the 10th August and they replied on the 8th September with an interview date on the 26th Sept
As for the DS156 and photos, just take 3 photos as asked for on the checklist and they will attatch them to the forms at the interview

Kev
ooops...meant packet 3...duh!!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Marguerite

Kev
Hi again Kev. Thanks. I was actually referring to the appliaction form they send you with the 46 pound VISA application fee you have to pay at Barclays ( or other bank of course. ) On that form at the top it says:
" The following are required of all visa applicants "
Application Form: a separate form DS-156 etc
Passport
Photograph ( passport style to attach to DS-156 ) - this ends up on the VISA.
Evidence of payment of Application Fee (46 pound fee )
Documentation of Intent to return to your country of residence
Stamped Addresses Envelope...

Unless this applies to ALL types of VISA's not just the K1...

Maybe I just need to take extra photos with me on the day as you have suggested.

Marguerite
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi again Kev. Thanks. I was actually referring to the appliaction form they send you with the 46 pound VISA application fee you have to pay at Barclays ( or other bank of course. ) On that form at the top it says:
" The following are required of all visa applicants "
Application Form: a separate form DS-156 etc
Passport
Photograph ( passport style to attach to DS-156 ) - this ends up on the VISA.
Evidence of payment of Application Fee (46 pound fee )
Documentation of Intent to return to your country of residence
Stamped Addresses Envelope...

Unless this applies to ALL types of VISA's not just the K1...

Maybe I just need to take extra photos with me on the day as you have suggested.

Marguerite
Hi again Marguerite
the photo they use on your visa is one of the 3 they ask for on the checklist ...3/4 face showing right ear etc...that is what will be used on the visa...the page you read is for other visas...by the way, don't forget an ordinary passport photo for the medical exam as I did!!!...lol. though it didn't cause a problem.

Kev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.