Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K1 refused by giving us 221 g slip

K1 refused by giving us 221 g slip

Old Jul 30th 2002, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

shali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 refused by giving us 221 g slip

My fiance has gone to the interview on July 25th at chennai consulate. They didn't care about the relationship all they asked was about religious differences between us as if its a crime. We have known each other for 5 long years. We had all the photoes all the evidence engagement photoes, phone bills, letters etc. All they cared is about the religious difference.
One indian lady working in the consulate had interviewed him on his religious beliefs. She insulted him by saying "couldn't u find anyone in ur religion". what gives them right to insult people. My fiance is broken. He didn't expect this kind of treatment from an 'American Consulate'.
This is our first marriage both for me and for my fiance. we had planned for our wedding in sept, but all our dreams are shaken.
They have given a 221 g slip saying "your case requires furthur administrative processing. we will contact you when ur case is ready to proceed".
They stamped his passport saying "received application" and gave that back to him. All the documents are still with them.
How long does this administrative process take.....??
shali