Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K1 interview, Sydney.. visa issuance fee?

K1 interview, Sydney.. visa issuance fee?

Old Mar 28th 2002, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Waiting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 interview, Sydney.. visa issuance fee?

Fingers crossed that all goes well next week in my interview and the visa is granted, I can't find a reference to exactly how much the issuance fee is for the visa.

There is nothing in documentation they sent me referring to an issuance fee, just the 85.50 application fee, and looking online at:

http://usembassy-australia.state.gov/consular/fees.html

* The issuance fee is paid at the Consulate by cash, bank cheque or money order. Personal or company cheques and credit cards are not accepted.

Non-Immigrant visa fees: Application fee for all applicants (payable at Australia Post)
45.00 USD
85.50 AUD
Issuance for 1-year B1/B2 tourist/business visa for Australian passport holders no fee no fee Issuance fee for 5-year B1/B2 tourist/business visa for Australian passport holders (payable by bank cheque or money order at Consulate)
25.00 USD
47.50 AUD

Issuance fee for most other visa categories for Australian passport holders (payable by bank cheque or money order at Consulate)
105.00 USD
199.50 AUD

I'd assume I fall into the category of $199.50 AUD.. Do they accept cash, at the top it says they do, but beside the 199.50 line it has in brackets (payable by bank cheque or money order at Consulate).. Do they not accept cash then?

Can anyone who's had a K1 visa issued in Sydney recently please clear things up a little for me? Is it $199.50, and is cash accepted?

Thanks
Old Mar 30th 2002, 4:35 pm
Jason Henry Par

Default Re: K1 interview, Sydney.. visa issuance fee?

Waiting <[email protected]> writes:

> Fingers crossed that all goes well next week in my interview and the visa is
    > granted, I can't find a reference to exactly how much the issuance fee is for
    > the visa.

My packet 3 (ordered early from Sydney, arrived 14 March) says there is an
application processing fee of A$494.00; and an issuance fee of A$123.50.
--
    ||TEST-|TEST|TESTTESTTESTTEST|--|TESTTEST-|TESTTEST|TESTTESTTEST--|-#TEST|-|--|TESTT-
    |EST|| [email protected] | ``Woohoo! A four day weekend!'' |