Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K1 Interview Query

K1 Interview Query

Old May 15th 2002, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Interview Query

I was wondering over something regarding when u get interviewed for the K1 visa... I am in London

When u attend the interview, and say u have to produce original copies of forms sent with the I-129 petition.. e.g. ur USC fiance's birth certificate, divorce certificate, tax returns... do they return these forms back to u afterwards... or does it all go into that sealed brown envelope?

Because I am sure u will need these forms again when u are successful and eventually file for AOS.
Old May 15th 2002, 3:20 am
Mrs_blackross

Default Re: K1 Interview Query

generally, "produce"="show them"...meaning they have the copies, and want to see the
originals at your interview. The most they would do with them would be examine them
against the copies you submitted, and/or to go make more copies while you are there,
but even then you get them back right away.

"Karib" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I was wondering over something regarding when u get interviewed for the K1 visa...
    > I am in London
    >
    > When u attend the interview, and say u have to produce original copies of forms
    > sent with the I-129 petition.. e.g. ur USC fiance's birth certificate, divorce
    > certificate, tax returns... do they return these forms back to u afterwards... or
    > does it all go into that sealed brown envelope?
    >
    > Because I am sure u will need these forms again when u are successful and
    > eventually file for AOS.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 15th 2002, 1:20 pm
Gavin.McCormack

Default Re: K1 Interview Query

All originals are returned to you after visa success G

Karib <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I was wondering over something regarding when u get interviewed for the K1 visa...
    > I am in London
    >
    > When u attend the interview, and say u have to produce original copies of forms
    > sent with the I-129 petition.. e.g. ur USC fiance's birth certificate, divorce
    > certificate, tax returns... do they return these forms back to u afterwards... or
    > does it all go into that sealed brown envelope?
    >
    > Because I am sure u will need these forms again when u are successful and
    > eventually file for AOS.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com