K Mart

Old Jul 24th 2004, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default K Mart

Was in Lancaster PA yesterday & purchased a 3 cd pack of UK songs from the 60s. Had a picture of a London double decker bus painted with Union Jack on the cover. Played on of the cds and no problem. The other 2 turned out to have the same songs on them, none of which were UK 60s as advertized.

Having driven a fair way back home I travelled on till Igot to Manassas. and returned the cds to our local branch of K-Mart. Then the fun begins.........

I was told by a rude Asian asst manager ( who wandered off in the middle of dealing with me ) that as the 3 cds were opened, I had no chance of a swap even. How the hell are you meant to know if something is faulty without opening the stuff first ?

Anyone else had this problem ? Seems customer services is a missing part of the American dream round here at least.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

No, its just Kmart needs your money really bad. Kmart were still advertising the Martha Stewart brand around here, the day she was sentenced. Now whether you think she is guilty or not, this seems like a very bad marketing ploy from a company thats already in deep financial doo do.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K Mart

K-Mart is one sad company.

When I lived in Eastern Europe, they bought out the biggest state-owned department store chain and actually proved themselves more incompetent than the previous owners! Eventually, Tesco sent them packing and showed everybody how to do it.

Our local one seems to severely lack both staff and stock. Their only original idea so far has been to increase aisle width. My next visit is planned for when they liquidate it all.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by fatbrit
K-Mart is one sad company.

. My next visit is planned for when they liquidate it all.
I've been waiting for that for years. Some things just won't die.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 5:15 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by fatbrit
My next visit is planned for when they liquidate it all.
You're going to be disappointed. They mark down around 30% and move what's not sold to another store...
Old Jul 24th 2004, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy

I was told by a rude Asian asst manager ( who wandered off in the middle of dealing with me ) that as the 3 cds were opened, I had no chance of a swap even. How the hell are you meant to know if something is faulty without opening the stuff first ?
Try to take them back to Wal-mart instead hehe. My mom works at Wal-mart and has seen people bring back some crazy stuff. One person tried to return a used toilet seat that said JCPennies on it and they were actually given a refund.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:25 pm
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just before XMAS we went to BESTBUY during my lunch hour to get a PS2. We were told that we get a free DVD remote seen as we were buying the PS2. We thought, cool, that is nice of them. So we were looking at the games....picked out FIFA, Simpsons, Tony Hawks, off to the checkout we go.

At the checkout we are told by the cashier that seen as we had spent over $100 on software we were getting a free $20 BB Gift Card.

So, not paying attention i pay using my Debit Card, and are walking to the car. I looked at the reciept and then my wife. "Honey, we have been charged for the Gift Card and the DVD Remote"....both of which are supposed to be free!!

We go back in and head up to the Customer Service desk to be confronted by this rude Irish guy, who told us that it was our fault and that he would give us one of the items for free. We pointed out that we had never even expected either free and we had been told by 2 different members of staff that they were free. I proceeded to ask for the manager.

5 mins later this fat redneck who had never seen a toothbrush in his life informed us that seen as we had complained he was no longer allowing the purchase of the PS2...took it from us, and told us our card would be refunded!!! To say i was shocked is an understatement. We ended up getting the PS2 from SuperTarget and actually paid less.We also wrote a letter to Best Buy's Customer Service Office and to this day have never heard a peep from them.

By the way, it took 10days for BestBuy to get the $320 back in our account after it only taking them 5mins to withdraw the cash!

Incase you are wondering the BB store was in Ridgedale, MN....so please boycott this store if you are in the area!!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

The more I see the less I believe that the US know anything about customer service.

We complained about someone in Shoney's Manassas picking up ice cream with his bare hand and then serving it to a customer. Needless to say we never heard a word back from them.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:49 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Was in Lancaster PA yesterday & purchased a 3 cd pack of UK songs from the 60s. Had a picture of a London double decker bus painted with Union Jack on the cover. Played on of the cds and no problem. The other 2 turned out to have the same songs on them, none of which were UK 60s as advertized.

Having driven a fair way back home I travelled on till Igot to Manassas. and returned the cds to our local branch of K-Mart. Then the fun begins.........

Anyone else had this problem ? Seems customer services is a missing part of the American dream round here at least.
You say you spoke to an Asst. Manager. Maybe you should go back to that same store in Manassas and ask for the Manager, the Asst. Manager's supervisor.

If the guy seems reluctant to do so, repeat your whole story very loudly so everyone else in the store can hear.

This will probably bring ou the Manager.

If this fails, check with your local BBB and find out how to file a complaint about the Manassas store.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:30 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
If this fails, check with your local BBB and find out how to file a complaint about the Manassas store.
Don't bother with the BBB -- they're a real waste of space.

More info at http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff1343.htm
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by justboy
Just before XMAS we went to BESTBUY during my lunch hour to get a PS2. We were told that we get a free DVD remote seen as we were buying the PS2. We thought, cool, that is nice of them. So we were looking at the games....picked out FIFA, Simpsons, Tony Hawks, off to the checkout we go.

At the checkout we are told by the cashier that seen as we had spent over $100 on software we were getting a free $20 BB Gift Card.

So, not paying attention i pay using my Debit Card, and are walking to the car. I looked at the reciept and then my wife. "Honey, we have been charged for the Gift Card and the DVD Remote"....both of which are supposed to be free!!

We go back in and head up to the Customer Service desk to be confronted by this rude Irish guy, who told us that it was our fault and that he would give us one of the items for free. We pointed out that we had never even expected either free and we had been told by 2 different members of staff that they were free. I proceeded to ask for the manager.

5 mins later this fat redneck who had never seen a toothbrush in his life informed us that seen as we had complained he was no longer allowing the purchase of the PS2...took it from us, and told us our card would be refunded!!! To say i was shocked is an understatement. We ended up getting the PS2 from SuperTarget and actually paid less.We also wrote a letter to Best Buy's Customer Service Office and to this day have never heard a peep from them.

By the way, it took 10days for BestBuy to get the $320 back in our account after it only taking them 5mins to withdraw the cash!

Incase you are wondering the BB store was in Ridgedale, MN....so please boycott this store if you are in the area!!
I guess best buy has a bad rep... My husband absolutely refuses to shop their after some very crappy service. He had a seminar to attend through his job... the speaker started talking about customer service and her experience of bad customer service... my husband said to the guy he was sat next to 'yeah best buy' and who was the company the speaker was talking about? yeap you guest it Best Buy.

Ash
Old Jul 26th 2004, 10:53 am
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

go walmart all the way.. kmart kinda seems like the poor cousin
Old Jul 26th 2004, 12:54 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

<<snip>>

<<snip>>
It's happened to me more than a couple times in the US that when you're with a sales assistant, they'll walk off and do something else when "assisting you". I guess this is an indication of the level of service in the US.

I consider it rude to behave like this and hardly an incentive for a person to return to the store, etc.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by torpkevuk
go walmart all the way.. kmart kinda seems like the poor cousin
When I moved here 16 years ago, kmart were fabulous. There was no Walmart back then. The blue light specials kmart used to have were out of this world. I did most of my shopping there and got some wonderful deals. Sadly they have gone downhill. As far as customer service goes I have had no trouble with any store I have taken stuff back to, it is the american way to return stuff. If you do have trouble with the morons on the returns desk, refuse to leave the store until a manager is brought, that usually works out in your favour.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:56 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
It's happened to me more than a couple times in the US that when you're with a sales assistant, they'll walk off and do something else when "assisting you". I guess this is an indication of the level of service in the US.

I consider it rude to behave like this and hardly an incentive for a person to return to the store, etc.
I had something in a similar vein happen last night.
Sitting in a slightly more upmarket Spanish restaurant, the waiter came out with a large tray with our orders on it, plonked it down on the stand, then left. The next minute, out he comes again, with another tray of food for the next table, and proceeds to serve them all their meals, whilst we sit there like plonkers looking at our meals on the tray waiting to be served. WTF kind of service is that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.