K-3 Approvals

K-3 Approvals

Old Aug 25th 2002, 5:34 pm
sid
Forum Regular

sid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-3 Approvals

Hello,

I have contacted my senator. The lady at that office was not of any help. She told me that she does not have a phone number for Missouri that she can call to get the status of my case (I don't believe her). She said that K-3s are taking a really long time. She also said that a lot of times the I-130 gets approved before the K-3 and that there is no point of filing for K-3.

What do you folks think of this? Do you think I should call her up again and tell her to stop giving me bull and get an update on my case?

Here is my timeline for K-3:

April 26th: mailed out K-3 application
April 30th: Receipt date for MSC according to the recorded message on the Missouri phone.
Waiting for 128 days!

Anyone who's been approved for K-3 recently -please post.

Last edited by sid; Aug 25th 2002 at 6:05 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2002, 11:10 pm
Wendy Owen

Default Re: K-3 Approvals

Below is the timeline for my husband's K-3. I honestly don't believe contacting a
senator or anything will speed up the process. Ours went through in a timely manner,
however, MSC screwed up and never mailed me a I-797 notifying me that our I-129F was
actually approved. All we got was a letter from the National Visa Center saying our
case was being forwarded onto Vancouver. Let's hope (but with my luck, I will) I
don't have to shell out $140 to get that single piece of paper.

Married Feb 23, 2002 March 25, 2002 - Mailed 1-130 to Nebraska Service Center April
11, 2002 - Received 1st NOA for I-130 April 12,2002 - Mailed I-129F
April 17, 2002 - Received 1st NOA for I-129F June 21, 2002 - Received
letter from NVC notifying of I-129F approval June 24, 2002 -
Packet #3 received June 25, 2002 - Faxed back part 1 of packet #3 July 26,
2002 - Mailed packet #3 to Vancouver consulate July 30, 2002 -
Received phone call notifying of approval Aug 5, 2002 - Received K-3 visa in mail
Aug 8, 2002 - Activated K-3 visa at border Aug 9, 2002 - Mailed EAD application
to Chicago (MSC) Aug 15, 2002 - Received NOA for EAD app Aug 16, 2002 - Called and
made biometrics appointment for St. Paul INS office on Aug 28. Aug 19,
2002 - I-130 approved (received NOA 3 days later)On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:34:53 +0000,
sid <[email protected]> wrote:

Wendy Owen

>Hello,
    >I have contacted my senator. The lady at that office was not of any help. She told
    >me that she does not have a phone number for Missouri that she call to get the
    >status of my case (I don't believe her). She said that K-3s are taking a really long
    >time and that I should wait. Basically, she can't help me.
    >What do you folks think of this? Do you think I should call her up again and tell
    >her to do an inquiry on my case?
    >Here is my timeline for K-3:
    >April 26th: mailed out K-3 application April 30th: Receipt date for MSC according to
    >the recorded message on the Missouri phone. Waiting for 128 days!
    >Anyone who's been approved for K-3 recently -please post.

Old Aug 26th 2002, 12:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You have other political representatives to contact if you want to. You have two senators, not just one. And you don't have to be a registered member of their party in order to utilize their services. You also have two house representatives. Personally I found the reps more willing to assist. Perhaps because their term of office is for a lesser period of time they need to grease the voting wheel more.

On a personal note, what do you expect to find out about your status? You are in the queue with a hell of a lot of other people and what she told you is the truth. The K-3's are taking forever and many are reporting the approval of the I-130 before the K-3 or at least within a few weeks of each other.

Good Luck

Rete
Old Aug 26th 2002, 2:53 am
Mrtravel

She was right... They are taking a long time. There is nothing they can do to help
except get INS more funding for more people. IMHO.. The K-3 should HAVE never
existed. They should have simply made efforts to speed up the I-130... Instead,
Congress decided to increase INS workload by adding more visas. Now instead of just
filing I-130, people are filing I-129F to get the K-3.

Old Aug 26th 2002, 2:55 am
Mrtravel

Rete wrote:
    > You have other political representatives to contact if you want to. You have two
    > senators, not just one. And you don't have to be a registered member of their
    > party in order to utilize their services. You also have two house representatives.

Actually, you only have one representative in the US House. There is just one per
congressional district.

Old Aug 26th 2002, 3:21 am
Marc Sil

>There is nothing they can do to help except get INS more funding for more people.
    >IMHO.. The K-3 should HAVE never existed. They should have simply made efforts to
    >speed up the I-130... Instead, Congress decided to increase INS workload by
    >adding more visas. Now instead of just filing I-130, people are filing I-129F to
    >get the K-3.

They already have more money. The INS is funded in two ways. The enforcement
division is funded by tax dollars through Congress. The immigration and
naturalization division is funded by the fees we pay. If there are more petitions,
like the double dip we pay for both the I-130 and the I-129F, then there is more
money to process them. As for what I would like our Congressmen to do, here is a good
beginning. First, just out of simple curtesy they could explain why the processing
has been for the most part on hold for over two months. Then, because they know the
problems they could get us a realistic projection of how the processing will proceed
so that we can begin to plan our lives. That would be a good start. They could then
move on to fixing the INS. At least it would help those who follow us in this
endeavor. Yeah, I know. It'll never happen.