K-3

Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:21 am
Just Joined

Taostinese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-3

First off, what a wonderfull and helpfull site. Thank God for all of you!!! My story began nearly a year ago. I met a man from the UK on the internet. He says he was just looking to talk with people from all over the world. We have alot of similar interests. He came to the US to meet me. That was October 11, 2006. We are now engaged to be married. We have checked with many attorneys, very expensive. He is retired and on a fixed income and I recently became disabled and am on Social Security disability so we don't have alot of money for attorney fees. My questions are, several attorney's told us to wait at least 60 days to get married since we had never met before, that it would look better for the immigration proceedings. Has anyone ever come across this? Also, there are so many confusing forms, they seem easy to fill out and we have done so, save for the date of marriage, which has not taken place yet. Can anyone help with the exact forms we need to send in?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-3

There's a marriage based forum that'll help you out more.

To get a finance visa, you must have met at least once in 2 years.

To come to the US on the VWP with the intent to AOS after marriage is visa fraud....that 30/60/90 day thing is a myth...though it isn't illegal to enter the US, marry on the spur of the moment and decide to stay, but if your planning on that, your asking for trouble, because you've already shown intent by posting in public.

The forms you need and guide to go through them will be somewhere on www.uscis.gov

You can find a list of pro-bono lawyers, or charitable organisations in your area that might be able to help out, there often christian based, but oh well.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Taostinese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-3

Originally Posted by Bob
There's a marriage based forum that'll help you out more.

To get a finance visa, you must have met at least once in 2 years.

To come to the US on the VWP with the intent to AOS after marriage is visa fraud....that 30/60/90 day thing is a myth...though it isn't illegal to enter the US, marry on the spur of the moment and decide to stay, but if your planning on that, your asking for trouble, because you've already shown intent by posting in public.

The forms you need and guide to go through them will be somewhere on www.uscis.gov

You can find a list of pro-bono lawyers, or charitable organisations in your area that might be able to help out, there often christian based, but oh well.

Thank you for the information. As I said, we have been trying to do research and our intent was not for fraudulant purposes but it seems we will have to suffer the expense monetarily not to mention being apart. I will wait for this man as he is well worth it.

Last edited by Taostinese; Dec 1st 2006 at 3:48 pm. Reason: not finished