Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

K-1 Visa Interview

K-1 Visa Interview

Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

lil_tone76 will become famous soon enough
Question K-1 Visa Interview

I have a concern I need to clarify for my peace of mind. We just got the approval for I-129F last week and in the application, he had included copies of his birth certificate, as well as copies of his passport to prove that he's a USC although only one was required. I understand that I might be required to bring originals with me for the interview. Would I need to bring both his passport AND his birth certificate with me becoz he had submitted both or would it be enough to bring only one or the other?
Thanks,
Lilian.
Old Oct 21st 2002, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Myrddin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-1 Visa Interview

If you are the alien fiance, who will be attending the K-1 interview, then you only bring your *own* documents to the interview.

By that point, they've already ascertained the identity and circumstances of the US Citizen, and are only concerned with you.

If you're in the UK, check the US Embassy site at http://www.usembassy.org.uk for more info.

Originally posted by lil_tone76:
I have a concern I need to clarify for my peace of mind. We just got the approval for I-129F last week and in the application, he had included copies of his birth certificate, as well as copies of his passport to prove that he's a USC although only one was required. I understand that I might be required to bring originals with me for the interview. Would I need to bring both his passport AND his birth certificate with me becoz he had submitted both or would it be enough to bring only one or the other?
Thanks,
Lilian.