Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is this Justice??

Is this Justice??

Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Is this Justice??

I am afraid I still ahven't had much luck locating a link to this story but i will continue to try....many apologies. However, the point I am also but not only trying to raise here is....is a cops life worth more than a member of the publics? We've all seen TV shows where the police will hunt down a baddie with more determination for killing a police officer than for killing a mamber of the public. Furthermore, news stations seem to emphasise the fact that a certain person is a "cop Killer"....surely a "killer" is a "KIller" no matter what the victim's vocation was?

Have a lovely day and I do sincerely hope that all this talk of killing is not too upsetting for you all.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:43 am
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Yup,over the other side of the Pennines,GMP 30 yrs CID,F'arms,Dogs,Area and burglary squad.Hoping to go to SC,NC or GA,wife SRN ER, but visa's stopped at present, but on last wait for interview.Plenty of patience req'd. Keep safe.
Nice. Humberside here (if you didnt realise already). Did my stints as AFO, traffic etc before we moved to the states. We went over on the EB-3 (wifes a nurse too). Took us 2 years or so to get the visas, but I've heard retrogression has buggered it all up now. We came back last month.

Looked at LEO in the States but needed citizenship (another 5 year wait) and having spent a fair bit of time with one of my mates who is the Palm Beach County Police Firearms Instructor (ex-uk special forces blokey) I came to the conclusion I didnt fancy it....just a tad different to UK policing.

Mind you with your full pension you should be able to retire and let the missus do the earning now.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old William
Nice. Humberside here (if you didnt realise already). Did my stints as AFO, traffic etc before we moved to the states. We went over on the EB-3 (wifes a nurse too). Took us 2 years or so to get the visas, but I've heard retrogression has buggered it all up now. We came back last month.

Looked at LEO in the States but needed citizenship (another 5 year wait) and having spent a fair bit of time with one of my mates who is the Palm Beach County Police Firearms Instructor (ex-uk special forces blokey) I came to the conclusion I didnt fancy it....just a tad different to UK policing.

Mind you with your full pension you should be able to retire and let the missus do the earning now.
Not wishing to upset people, can I PM you I have a few questions.It might be a bit boring for the interlects viewing,no disrespect intended.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I am afraid I still ahven't had much luck locating a link to this story but i will continue to try....many apologies. However, the point I am also but not only trying to raise here is....is a cops life worth more than a member of the publics? We've all seen TV shows where the police will hunt down a baddie with more determination for killing a police officer than for killing a mamber of the public. Furthermore, news stations seem to emphasise the fact that a certain person is a "cop Killer"....surely a "killer" is a "KIller" no matter what the victim's vocation was?

Have a lovely day and I do sincerely hope that all this talk of killing is not too upsetting for you all.
Sir, A cop's life is no more important that anyone else. To quote a line from the US show "Cops" which I think sums our(the Job) thoughts " We are just ordinary guys/gals doing a dangerous job". Believe it or not when one of our own get 'hit' Yes we feel it,because we know it could have been us, BUT, I have to say, I pursued 'Baddies' with just as much venom. I wanted to catch them because they affected the public who we(the job)are there to serve and protect.(unfortunatly others in the system let us down)It is, however, noticable that the US justice system actually gives what we would like to see here, and that is a sentence which is appropriate to the crime and its circumstances.Instead the system want to make all sorts of excuses for what the offenders have done and deminish the idea of justice being seen to be done.If the law says 'Life' for the offence then that should be it.The words 'cop killer' is for news,TV shows,plus it shows what sort of person is out there,a dangerous person, a life is a life and should not be wasted under any circumstance.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Sir, A cop's life is no more important that anyone else. To quote a line from the US show "Cops" which I think sums our(the Job) thoughts " We are just ordinary guys/gals doing a dangerous job". Believe it or not when one of our own get 'hit' Yes we feel it,because we know it could have been us, BUT, I have to say, I pursued 'Baddies' with just as much venom. I wanted to catch them because they affected the public who we(the job)are there to serve and protect.(unfortunatly others in the system let us down)It is, however, noticable that the US justice system actually gives what we would like to see here, and that is a sentence which is appropriate to the crime and its circumstances.Instead the system want to make all sorts of excuses for what the offenders have done and deminish the idea of justice being seen to be done.If the law says 'Life' for the offence then that should be it.The words 'cop killer' is for news,TV shows,plus it shows what sort of person is out there,a dangerous person, a life is a life and should not be wasted under any circumstance.
Thanks ever so much for your insightful reply...have a super fine and dandy day.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rushman
Thanks ever so much for your insightful reply...have a super fine and dandy day.
I'm not use to that sort of a respectful reply, see I'm trying to bring the natural "niceness" out of you again.It does become you !!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

I'm not use to that sort of a respectful reply, see I'm trying to bring the natural "niceness" out of you again.It does become you !!
Thank you kindly and have a spectacular day.